OT: Center Ice / game center live / nhl.tv

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I have center ice. Have had gcl in the past.

Would love to have tv and tablet access all in one package. So I checked with Verizon and they told me that with that subscription you could also access games online on your phone/tablet. Ala hbo go.

That didn't sound right, so I called nhl.tv and they said that they are currently working on such an app, but it is not yet up and running. That was early in the season. I have not checked back with them. Guessing if they don't have it ready this season, should be ready for next year. Will be the best of both worlds.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I use unblock.us and set my location to Germany.. I've never had any issues. When I face blackout issues I will watch it on my laptop. When blackouts aren't an issue I watch it on my xbox. I used my VPN all through the playoffs last year as well.

Are you able to stream regular NBC for games?

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008

Would love to have tv and tablet access all in one package. So I checked with Verizon and they told me that with that subscription you could also access games online on your phone/tablet. Ala hbo go.

That didn't sound right, so I called nhl.tv and they said that they are currently working on such an app, but it is not yet up and running. That was early in the season. I have not checked back with them. Guessing if they don't have it ready this season, should be ready for next year. Will be the best of both worlds.

I have been a DirecTv subscriber for 16 years. this year for the first time they included NHL.tv with my Center Ice subscription. :handclap:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm just waiting for when they get rid of the local blackout nonsense or until Root Sports has their own app. I'd gladly pay Root 20 a month just to watch Pens games.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm just waiting for when they get rid of the local blackout nonsense or until Root Sports has their own app. I'd gladly pay Root 20 a month just to watch Pens games.

The Blackhawks local cable channel now has their own "on the go" app. So that does seem to be the trend.

Speaking of Root.....On my Verizon bill, there has been a regional sports tax of approx $3 tacked on, for the last 2 years. That has now doubled to $6 a month.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Can someone with PlayStation Vue tell me if it has (live) NBC. I just purchased it this week so I haven't messed with it much but was able to watch a penguins game on nbcsn (I couldn't get on my NHL.tv)

I don't see live NBC on my Vue so I kind of guess my question is what will my options be come playoffs time for games on NBC.

I'm unsure if anyone has a similar setup as me (NHL.tv for most games, Vue for blacked out ones) that can help me out.

Very recently cancelled cable so I'm kind of scrambling to have it all worked out with no bugs come playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad