Center Ice free on Rogers until Jan.31

mikachu

Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
Awesome! Thats probably why I was able to watch the Van - Edm game even with the regional blackout on sportsnet last night :handclap:

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Have they offered a subscription deal for CI yet? When I called them last week they were still insisting you can't get CI without subscribing to the Super Sports Pak for $36.31/month for a minimum of 6 months.

I laughed at the guy and prompty bought GameCenter Live.

DefenseMinister

Jul 20, 2006
According to the Rogers website, you can order the remainder of this season on Centre Ice for $49.95. Not a bad deal.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Have they offered a subscription deal for CI yet? When I called them last week they were still insisting you can't get CI without subscribing to the Super Sports Pak for $36.31/month for a minimum of 6 months.

Laugh now but that pak has all sports in it which is good for me I think next year on a regular season game centre alone is like $300 at least.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

Picked up the $50 one time fee CI package the other night. Just asked the sales rep about it and they set it right up. They attempted to get me to switch to the monthly payment for the Super Sports Pak, but I have no interest in anything else that it offers.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Awesome! Thats probably why I was able to watch the Van - Edm game even with the regional blackout on sportsnet last night :handclap:

Oh, so it was abnormal. It's the first season I have the 4 Sportsnets and I was expecting a blackout on regional channels during games, but last night I was suprised to see that San Jose vs Calgary and Edmonton vs Vancouver was on anyway. It was too good to be true, apparently.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I am actually disappointed that it isn't longer. I recall every October that it is free so this isn't anything that is attributable to the lockout. It should be free the entire season considering...

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Laugh now but that pak has all sports in it which is good for me I think next year on a regular season game centre alone is like $300 at least.

GCL was a little less than $160 last year, vs. $222 for CI. Last week, it was $49.95 for GCL vs. $222 for CI.

I've already paid for Gamecenter, but I'll probably still order CI for $50. I'd be happy to pay the one-time fee for CI on a regular season, like everybody else does. But nooo, rogers can't let that happen.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
That's so weird my rogers says enjoy free preview yet when I I try to watch any game it says I have to order CI

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I have Cogeco in Kingston and I'm getting CI, though the HD channels are still asking for a subscription. Is this the case for Rogers customers as well?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ya I don't know maybe I will look again tonight I tried every game the other night just kept getting the stupid pop up to call my provider.

Snick

Mar 3, 2006
Ottawa
According to the Rogers website, you can order the remainder of this season on Centre Ice for $49.95. Not a bad deal.

I was unable to find it on the Rogers website and the dorks are still trying to sell me the whole superpak. Do you have a link to where on the website it could be? Merci beaucoup!

Snick

Mar 3, 2006
Ottawa
Got the package from Rogers for $49.95 - Can't do it online, but here's how to do it:

Call - 1-877-559-5202 - choose language

-press 3 for sales

-enter phone number, if you're not calling from the number associated with your account.

-press 2 for cable tv

-press 1 for ordering ppv event

-stay on the line after the prompts (they are repeated twice),
-you'll be transferred to a representative
-ask for stand alone nhl center ice package for $49.95 one-time charge. Agent found the standalone package in 30 sec

Done like dinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->