Center ice and the playoff's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Ok, on the phone center ice -I mean the network- told me (well, my dad accually, but who's counting?) that they don't go through the playoffs, but that just seems odd to me (doesn't FSN carry the playoffs if there not nationally TV'd?), is that true? Now just as a note, I'm center ice ignorant. We've never had it and I don't know anything about it. So if you could answer that question and maybe anything else that's odd or a plus w/ center ice that'd be great! :dunno:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Cheech1488 said:
Ok, on the phone center ice -I mean the network- told me (well, my dad accually, but who's counting?) that they don't go through the playoffs, but that just seems odd to me (doesn't FSN carry the playoffs if there not nationally TV'd?), is that true? Now just as a note, I'm center ice ignorant. We've never had it and I don't know anything about it. So if you could answer that question and maybe anything else that's odd or a plus w/ center ice that'd be great! :dunno:

The last time I had Center Ice they had all the first and second round games that weren't carried on CBC/TSN/Sportsnet/ESPN (at the time). By the time the playoffs got to the last two rounds, the national television stations (in Canada anyways) picked it up the rest of the way.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
As far as I know center ice still will show the first two rounds, however; they are not going to show nearly the amount of games they used to, normally if they needed to show 84 total games if all series went to game 7 they would but this is the first year they will be selecting games to show....I'm sure they will still air a good 70-80% of them.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
BMOK33 said:
As far as I know center ice still will show the first two rounds, however; they are not going to show nearly the amount of games they used to, normally if they needed to show 84 total games if all series went to game 7 they would but this is the first year they will be selecting games to show....I'm sure they will still air a good 70-80% of them.

Why would they show just some of them and not all of them. It makes no sense to show just some of them. The people who pay for Center Ice like me are the true hockey fans who want to see everything if possible up to the end. What is their logic is just showing some?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
puck57 said:
Why would they show just some of them and not all of them. It makes no sense to show just some of them. The people who pay for Center Ice like me are the true hockey fans who want to see everything if possible up to the end. What is their logic is just showing some?

Well, I'm no business-head, but I'd wager a guess that it's probably because a single network owns sole broadcast rights...just like CI can't show the OLN games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->