Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Rodney Purvis is your newest Celtic... Purvis acquired from the Thunder for Abdel Nader

I really hope he gets the nickname " Never Nervous ". :laugh:

Anyway - ESPN looks at the salary cap ramifications of this deal:

The Celtics will save roughly $675K towards the luxury tax and $450K in salary by sending Abdel Nader to Oklahoma City and by not outright waiving the former second-round pick. The Celtics now have 14 guaranteed contracts and a tax bill of $3.8 million if Rodney Purvis is waived. Nader currently has $450K guaranteed that will become full ($1.4M) if he is not waived by August 1. Nader has a July 15 guaranteed date for 2019-20 ($1.62M) and 2020-21 ($1.75M). The Thunder add extra depth on the bench and cash to offset the salary for Nader.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
BTW, Milwaukee finally got its replacement for the Bradley Center and signed a 25 yr lease what had been tentatively been known as the Wisconsin Sports and Entertainment Center (WESC) is now the Fiserv Forum

Reactions: McGarnagle

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
25 years ago today

Remember Reggie: Boston honors Reggie Lewis

37885580_10215659470572516_7619113773688684544_n.jpg

Last edited:

774EVER

& Now 374EVER

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember when Mike Lynch said that he had collapsed on the 6 pm news and then Sean McDonough announcing he died in the middle of the Sox game.

I can’t believe it’s been 25 years.

You seem to me to be too young to remember this. What were you 2 or 3?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Oilers' Milan Lucic sounds off on DeMar DeRozan: 'Nobody feels bad for you; f— off'

Scroll down for the video - warning foul language.

One fellow athlete said he thinks it's a bit of sour grapes from DeRozan, and much ado about nothing.

Words flowing freely from Luc, like we haven't heard before. He also gives major props for his time in Boston.

Makes me miss Lucic - not that I want him back.
Great interview, I'm so impressed with Looch's down to earth, realistic view. "You're making f***ing 30 million a year, how can you be insulted?" Someone brought him (Milan) up the right way. Kudo's to his parents. Great stuff!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I remember when Mike Lynch said that he had collapsed on the 6 pm news and then Sean McDonough announcing he died in the middle of the Sox game.

I can’t believe it’s been 25 years.
I was 10 when he died. I turned 11 that fall.

Definitely not too young to remember this.

Next time don’t assume things.

I’m not as young as it may seem.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Great interview, I'm so impressed with Looch's down to earth, realistic view. "You're making f***ing 30 million a year, how can you be insulted?" Someone brought him (Milan) up the right way. Kudo's to his parents. Great stuff!

He's definitely said some dumb things, but I can't disagree with anything he said here. While he may lack tact, there's a whole lot of truth he spit out in that conversation. Guy is a lot more down to earth than I thought, quite honestly.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Rodney Purvis released after the trade for Abdel Nader from OKC;

"Ballhog" Anthony clears waivers; will join "cashpoor" Tillman Fertitta on 1 yr deal;

Nate McMillan has contract extended through 2021 by Indiana

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Rodney Purvis released after the trade for Abdel Nader from OKC;

"Ballhog" Anthony clears waivers; will join "cashpoor" Tillman Fertitta on 1 yr deal;

Nate McMillan has contract extended through 2021 by Indiana
Loved watching Nate MacMillan play in Seattle with Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton and Dana Barros.

He may not have had as much success as Doc Rivers or Steve Kerr but that generation of NBA players has produced a number of solid NBA coaches.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
well Celtics preseason will be split between Charlotte and Cleveland home and home and the Charlotte away game will be played at UNC Chapel Hill
That Chapel Hill game is going to be one to watch simply because of the reception Kyrie Irving and Jayson Tatum are sure to receive if they play.

I just checked the Hornets roster and only Marvin Williams in a UNC alum.

I just checked and the Hornets hold training camp at UNC so it makes sense to hold a game there.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Christmas Day schedule
GameTime (ET)Network
Bucks at KnicksNoonESPN
Thunder at Rockets3 p.m.ABC
76ers at Celtics5:30 p.m.ABC
Lakers at Warriors8 p.m.ESPN/ABC
Trail Blazers at Jazz10:30 p.m.ESPN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
2018 total schedule is now official.... www.celtics.com

Okay, I went through this game-by-game, factoring in everything from travel between games, rest of opponent, back-to-backs, three-in-fours, and where in the season they'll be playing good teams and bad teams.

I have them at 79-3. 80-2 if they catch a few breaks.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Anything is Podable Episode Two: New owner, new era

It’s not very often that a marquee franchise like the Boston Celtics is sold, but in 2002, control of the green and white changed hands.

Episode Two of NBC Sports Boston’s “Anything is Podable” looks at the first several years of the Wyc Grousbeck era and how the new ownership group began to lay the building blocks of the next great Celtics team.

“Mortgaged the house to put down the deposit and started to figure out whom I could call to raise all this money,” said Grousbeck in an exclusive interview for the podcast series. “But as of that moment, I knew I was going to be the controlling owner of the Boston Celtics, or I was going to die trying. I mean, that was going to happen.”

While the Celtics’ transformation from pretender to contender took several years, Grousbeck and his team were committed to giving fans the team’s seventeenth championship.

“When you come into the Celtics, you can’t come into it for money, and we never did” added Grousbeck. “I named the company ‘Banner 17’ because I wanted to win the 17th banner and hopefully more.”

The podcast continues on to address the coaching transition from Jim O’Brien to Doc Rivers, as well as Danny Ainge’s first few seasons as General Manager and President of Basketball Operations.

“I’m not exaggerating if I say 10-15 different coaches and ex-coaches told me not to take the Boston job,” said Rivers. “Too much pressure, they’re going to be bad for a long time, not sure if you and Danny will work well together. I mean, I just got a lot of calls.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad