Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know about how Many first round picks we have this year and where? TIA

Geez - I've been posting updates about this just about every week and I specifically answered that question from you on the last page of this thread. OK then - here's how they look as of today:

- Memphis ( currently sitting at # 6 ) top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 protected in 2020 and then unprotected in 2021
- Sacramento ( currently sitting at # 15 ) top 1 protected
- LA Clippers ( currently sitting at # 18 ) top 14 protected in 2019, top 14 protected in 2020 then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick
- Boston ( currently sitting at # 23 )

So if the regular season ended today Boston would have 3 1st round picks in the upcoming NBA Draft. The pick from Memphis would then roll over to the 2020 season where it would become top 6 protected.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Team will never win anything with Kyrie as their #1.

That's true. Kyrie is a top 10 player at best. Which is good, but not championship worthy. The east alone has 3 players ahead of Irving (Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid). Add in the west with Curry, Durant, George, Westbrook Harden, Jokic, Dame (on par).

The only way I am ok with giving Kyrie the max is if he comes with Davis (at this point I'd take him without assurances) or Durant. Otherwise you can let him walk and retool on the fly (no rebuild). The NBA is such a top heavy game where the superstars usually win. List since 96 is like: Jordan, Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Garnett, Kobe, Nowitzki, Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Durant

With the exception of the 2004 Pistons and maybe Wade everyone else on that list was a true top 5 player (at that time). So it takes a huge amount of luck to win with a player like Kyrie, it basically does not happen (even Curry was somewhat lucky without Durant.)

Unfortunately our #1 does not match up with the other 1's as I stated above and our secondary stars don't match up well with other secondary stars. Tatum has not made a huge leap as hoped and Brown in general just isn't that good to begin with. And Hayward needs more time to recover. Al is still pretty good, though.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
Lol are you kidding? 36 points and 30 or more in 4 games in a row...Kyrie is doing everything to help this team win but noone else is!!

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
The 6ers abused Kyrie in the last 5 minutes. The with like a minute left he bricked a three, had a layup rejected, and gave up the dagger on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad