Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Celtics next face Toronto in Toronto; on TNT/NBCSB (8 pm);

Claws/ G-League news:

Atlanta has named its affiliate for 2019/2020 in College Park, GA will be known as the Skyhawks; Erie gets another reprieve as the Bayhawks will exist until 2022 as New Orleans becomes the parent club; tentatively, in 2022, the Bayhawks will shift to Birmingham, AL

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I've never seen a team more weird than this one. Their net rating is 3rd (!!!) in the league, just a tad behind GS. Even adjusted it is top of the league. Going by that, you would never think this is a #5 seed.

I can live with them not winning the title, but it's just a dysfunctional and unlikeable unit. Plus I also don't think what Brad is doing has been working. Terry is not a bench playmaker, he needs confidence. Why is Morris even on the team? A team full of players who need shots (Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum and to a degree Brown) and we bring in the ultimate chucker Morris. I am also not sold on his role in the clubhouse, just don't think highly of the Morris-twins.

They should be weary of trading the youth for a disgruntled AD. But maybe it's just me, because I am sick and tire of all these divas running the NBA. I cannot grasp Kyrie anymore, he's so annoying when he opens up his mouth. At this point I wouldn't even be disappointed if he signed elsewhere.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This thing is over. Kyrie is not coming back to this and no way would AD sign an extension if traded here. They had a good thing going and totally blew it this year. Time to make Tatum the focal point of the team and build around him.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
This thing is over. Kyrie is not coming back to this and no way would AD sign an extension if traded here. They had a good thing going and totally blew it this year. Time to make Tatum the focal point of the team and build around him.

Hindsight. I mean, it's not like Ainge was sitting on his assets all along. He tried to use up some assets to trade up for Winslow for example. He had a deal in place for Paul George, but Pacers GM wouldn't wait until Hayward had signed and backed out of a deal. Sometimes stuff is working against you.
I am sure that Danny is not that confident about Kyrie re-signing when he went with that wedding-metaphor. He's just playing the card he got dealt. Had he traded away Kyrie, he couldn't have built a powerhouse team with either KD or AD + Kyrie. Had a trade fell through, Kyrie would have been mad and left anyway.
Irving is s crazy dude, you cannot take him by his word. Superstar-divas are NOT trustworthy and Ainge knows it.

Heck, if Ainge had known all of this, I am sure he would have traded for Kawhi. He
would not have been much more of a risk to leaving than AD and he didn't expect Sacramento to finally put it all together. Basically everyone thought it was gonna be surefire top 5 pick.

All I know is Danny better does not trade Tatum for a rental AD, with or without Kyrie. It's not worth it losing such a young star for one year of star who may get injured anyway, Davis is not an ironman.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Their bench as a whole sucks. Rozier especially sucks.

Be careful what some of you wish for jettisoning Kyrie. I get people are frustrated with his comments this year, but he still makes them a much better team in the long run, especially if it leads to AD.

They can build around Tatum all they want, but they will be a distant 3rd behind Toronto and Philly for a long time.

No interest in re-signing Rozier unless it's to get moved in a sign and trade.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m getting to a point where I’d rather miss the playoffs and lose without kyrie than make the finals and lose with him.

For my own sanity. Sick player. Top 5 in the league this year imo. But he’s basically turning into lebron And quite frankly he’s not good enough to act like lebron. Lebron isn’t even good enough to do it now and he’s getting eaten alive because of it

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hindsight. I mean, it's not like Ainge was sitting on his assets all along. He tried to use up some assets to trade up for Winslow for example. He had a deal in place for Paul George, but Pacers GM wouldn't wait until Hayward had signed and backed out of a deal. Sometimes stuff is working against you.
I am sure that Danny is not that confident about Kyrie re-signing when he went with that wedding-metaphor. He's just playing the card he got dealt. Had he traded away Kyrie, he couldn't have built a powerhouse team with either KD or AD + Kyrie. Had a trade fell through, Kyrie would have been mad and left anyway.
Irving is s crazy dude, you cannot take him by his word. Superstar-divas are NOT trustworthy and Ainge knows it.

Heck, if Ainge had known all of this, I am sure he would have traded for Kawhi. He
would not have been much more of a risk to leaving than AD and he didn't expect Sacramento to finally put it all together. Basically everyone thought it was gonna be surefire top 5 pick.

All I know is Danny better does not trade Tatum for a rental AD, with or without Kyrie. It's not worth it losing such a young star for one year of star who may get injured anyway, Davis is not an ironman.

No hindsight. I just meant this team has blown it on the court this year. Not that they blew it by how they assembled the team going into the year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Their bench as a whole sucks. Rozier especially sucks.

Be careful what some of you wish for jettisoning Kyrie. I get people are frustrated with his comments this year, but he still makes them a much better team in the long run, especially if it leads to AD.

They can build around Tatum all they want, but they will be a distant 3rd behind Toronto and Philly for a long time.

No interest in re-signing Rozier unless it's to get moved in a sign and trade.

For me it's not so much jettisoning him as it is I am just coming to the realization that he himself will not re-sign here. I think he's gone.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
That last two minutes sequence is the perfect microcosm of their season.

Cut it to 5 points, with the ball, all the momentum, and Smart takes a dumb ass pull up 3, that had no chance of going in.

Just stupid stupid stupid basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad