Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Of course I would consider that. However, I am tired of this Kyrie bullcrap. The more and more you read and hear, Kyrie is going elsewhere. There are now Kyrie and KD to the Knicks rumors. It's looking more and more to me like the Celtics will have to build around Tatum and hope that in a few years he has the cache to attract a superstar to play with him. But knowing how the NBA works it will probably be Tatum looking elsewhere.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Of course I would consider that. However, I am tired of this Kyrie bullcrap. The more and more you read and hear, Kyrie is going elsewhere. There are now Kyrie and KD to the Knicks rumors. It's looking more and more to me like the Celtics will have to build around Tatum and hope that in a few years he has the cache to attract a superstar to play with him. But knowing how the NBA works it will probably be Tatum looking elsewhere.
THAT'S NOT THE CASE, Durant was close to coming here instead of Golden State, whether Kyrie was here or not....

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What's not the case? Close to coming here doesn't mean anything. Plus that was a few years ago. If you're telling me the Celtics have the cap flexibility to sign both Kyrie and KD, by all means try and do it. I just don't see it happening.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What's not the case? Close to coming here doesn't mean anything. Plus that was a few years ago. If you're telling me the Celtics have the cap flexibility to sign both Kyrie and KD, by all means try and do it. I just don't see it happening.
it can happen, then why was Kyrie talking to Durant in Charlotte if they weren't playing together, he certainly wants nothing to do with Lefakerbron

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The latest speculation is Kyrie and KD to Knicks. That would explain them flirting with each other. But hey if you're saying Kyrie is trying to recruit him to the Celtics I hope you're right.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The latest speculation is Kyrie and KD to Knicks. That would explain them flirting with each other. But hey if you're saying Kyrie is trying to recruit him to the Celtics I hope you're right.
apparently, that's the rumor floating, and Jackie Mac CONFIRMING reports back when Durant left OKC, he was seriously considering Boston, before landing in Oakland, and that was obviously before Kyrie bolted Cleveland

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I understand Durant was close to coming here but it didn't happen. If he is a package deal with Kyrie, I am just saying the Knicks are a threat.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Kyrie was traded from Cleveland. He wasn't a free agent. I have no idea what the Knicks had to offer at the time Kyrie was traded but this is a different situation. Durant has been linked to the Knicks all year so a KD/Kyrie package to the Knicks is a legitimate concern.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A quick update on what the Celtics 2019 1st round picks look like right now:

- Memphis ( currently sitting at # 6 ) top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 protected in 2020 and then unprotected in 2021
- Sacramento ( currently sitting at # 17 ) top 1 protected
- LA Clippers ( currently sitting at # 18 ) top 14 protected in 2019, top 14 protected in 2020 then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick
- Boston ( currently sitting at # 24 )

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i might be too woke but i foresee a new big 3 of kyrie AD and durant

the devil works hard but danny ainge works harder

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Baynes still battling foot issues.... will not be activated for the road trip starting tonight in Milwaukee; Hayward is questionable/doubtful after a sprained ankle

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Has Yiannis younger brother been drafted or is he a FA?

Kostas?

got drafted by Dallas this past year with the last pick of the draft

could/should pay off big for them in a couple years.

Im a URI alum and huge basketball fan, so saw a lot of Kostas at Dayton last year. He was a man child out there, just very raw. You could see he has all the skill and athleticism, just needs some time to figure it out and put on a few lbs in the gym.

I was very happy he left early, because I wanted no part of seeing him as a junior or senior against URI

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Kostas?

got drafted by Dallas this past year with the last pick of the draft

could/should pay off big for them in a couple years.

Im a URI alum and huge basketball fan, so saw a lot of Kostas at Dayton last year. He was a man child out there, just very raw. You could see he has all the skill and athleticism, just needs some time to figure it out and put on a few lbs in the gym.

I was very happy he left early, because I wanted no part of seeing him as a junior or senior against URI

I was talking about Thanassis ( Tom )
Is Kostas ( Chris ) another brother?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Has Yiannis younger brother been drafted or is he a FA?
there are actually 4 of them, Kostas is in the Dallas organization, with Texas Legends, Thanassis is back in Greece after spending time with Knicks, in Westchester, and the Delaware Sevens, (now the Blue Coats a Sixers affiliate); Alex isn't eligible as of yet and Francis

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
there are actually 4 of them, Kostas is in the Dallas organization, with Texas Legends, Thanasis is back in Greece after spending time with Knicks, in Westchester, and the Delaware Sevens, (now the Blue Coats a Sixers affiliate); Alex isn't eligible as of yet and Francis
If we could snag one without giving up a pick I think that would be cool.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If we could snag one without giving up a pick I think that would be cool.
it's very hard to virtually almost impossible to break European contracts once they are signed.... and that's even if the NBA has a relationship or an interest in those leagues, think Yao and the China connection with Shanghai when he came over from there to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->