Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watching the game at work and co worker got excited we got basketball in the break room. Explained to him it was TNT but with packages on like COX or Comcast u get previews every season for like 10 games of NBA MLB NFL NHL etc................

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man that was sloppy. Hope the Celts find a groove and settle in

They played poorly and still won going away.

Also, I simply don't get Embiid at all. Dude should be way more dominant than he is. He had 23 and 10 yesterday in the quietest way possible. I do give him full credit for being honest in his post game comments though. The Celts/Sixers isn't a rivalry. It's a one sided beat down with the C's owning them to this point.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Also, I simply don't get Embiid at all. Dude should be way more dominant than he is. He had 23 and 10 yesterday in the quietest way possible. I do give him full credit for being honest in his post game comments though. The Celts/Sixers isn't a rivalry. It's a one sided beat down with the C's owning them to this point.

I posted that after the first quarter, it was messy. I don't watch too many games because of hockey obviously, but I was really impressed with Embiid last night. The guy's a monster out there. That said, I was even more impressed with the Celtics. They just have so many weapons and now with Hayward back and Kyrie being healthy, they are going to be a force. I'm becoming a huge Jaylen Brown fan too, he's terrific

Reactions: pgm16 and LSCII

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I posted that after the first quarter, it was messy. I don't watch too many games because of hockey obviously, but I was really impressed with Embiid last night. The guy's a monster out there. That said, I was even more impressed with the Celtics. They just have so many weapons and now with Hayward back and Kyrie being healthy, they are going to be a force. I'm becoming a huge Jaylen Brown fan too, he's terrific
Tatum & Baynes were fantastic last night. Embiid will be a dominant player for many years, but Celtics should be able to get banner 18 & 19 in the next few years !

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Tatum & Baynes were fantastic last night. Embiid will be a dominant player for many years, but Celtics should be able to get banner 18 & 19 in the next few years !

They're a very deep and talented team, no doubt!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Surprised by the score at half time but the end result is more telling. Haywards first game back once he gets more confidence the team will be fine. If Philly is the only competition in the east who is going to stop the Cs? Raptors or Wizards?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Embiid is a paper tiger.

Brown posterizing him and then staring him down, tells me all I need to know about the player.

Reactions: LSCII

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Embiid is a paper tiger.

Brown posterizing him and then staring him down, tells me all I need to know about the player.

Posterized him? It deflected in off the glass.He got lucky.Brown has been stuffed more then a baked potatoe going to the rim most times.I am a huge Celtic fan but your statement is way off.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Posterized him? It deflected in off the glass.He got lucky.Brown has been stuffed more then a baked potatoe going to the rim most times.I am a huge Celtic fan but your statement is way off.
Maybe not posterized in the sense of a dunk, but he went right at embiid, went through emiid, and tossed him to the ground.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Loved seeing Rondo punch Chris Paul in the face last night. Hilarious how much these two hate each other going back years now. Paul Pierce was interviewed on it and said he's surprised this is the first time they've ever actually fought.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Loved seeing Rondo punch Chris Paul in the face last night. Hilarious how much these two hate each other going back years now. Paul Pierce was interviewed on it and said he's surprised this is the first time they've ever actually fought.

Chris Paul deserved worse. I would definitely pick the Rondo side in a legitimate fight.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Any video of it?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm not picking sides in this " fight " but there is video of Rondo spitting on Paul which started the whole thing. :popcorn:

Don't think that clip was up last night when I looked. Rondo shouldn't spit on him. Still take Rondo in a fight with Paul

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I think his skill hurts his dominance and takes him away from the block where he should be most of the time with his size. Its cool he can shoot 3s and all that but sometimes you want to score the easy way.

Philly's front office is as bad it was when they were losing on purpose. The Fultz trade will go down as one of the worst deals ever they should have Fultz and another top 5/10 pick or a better player and that pick and the Bridges trade might be just as bad considering where he played his college ball and all that. The East is terrible and Miami has never tried to tank how can you possibly expect them to be terrible in the 2020/2021 season without their own pick? Its Miami guys want to play there.

Embiid and Simmonds are going to miss time having both on the court in the playoffs isn't exactly a lock. Their cast is bad and doesn't show signs of improvement honestly. The NBA sort of needs that franchise to be good and its probably not going to happen they might get a little better than they were last year but the notion that they are a team full of potential is wrong.

Reactions: JRull86 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad