Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Okay, I went through this game-by-game, factoring in everything from travel between games, rest of opponent, back-to-backs, three-in-fours, and where in the season they'll be playing good teams and bad teams.

I have them at 79-3. 80-2 if they catch a few breaks.

o_O Really? Wow!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure where to put this but this is an incredible piece by Jackie Mac.

Can’t wait for the next installment.

Paul Pierce’s story took my breath away.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Read one of those articles about each NBA teams worst signing. They put Jermaine O'Neal for the Celtics. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Vin Baker the worst? Didn't his contract essentially cripple the team for multiple seasons?

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Celtics player Jabari Bird remains hospitalized and may not appear in court Monday - The Boston Globe

Boston Celtics player Jabari Bird remains at an undisclosed hospital and it is not clear whether he will appear in the Brighton courthouse Monday to face charges stemming from a “domestic incident” where he allegedly assaulted, choked, and kidnapped a person on Friday, according to Boston police.
On Saturday, Bird was taken to a hospital for an “evaluation” that remains ongoing as of early Monday, according to Boston police. Once his release is approved by doctors, police will pick him up at the hospital, book him on the charges and bring him to Brighton Municipal Court, police said.
However, it’s not clear early Monday if he will be medically cleared for release, police said.
No further information is being released, police said.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Hayward "I'm 100%.

They took the Cavs to 7 w/o their top 2 players. If their top 9 players are healthy and on the court, the Celtics are in the Finals. 76ers? lol Simmons' jumper is so bad he had 1 point in a playoff game last year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hayward "I'm 100%.

They took the Cavs to 7 w/o their top 2 players. If their top 9 players are healthy and on the court, the Celtics are in the Finals. 76ers? lol Simmons' jumper is so bad he had 1 point in a playoff game last year.
I don't get all the love for the 76ers.

They are returning the same team that lost to Boston without Kyrie and Heyward.

Celtics stay healthy, and they are a lock for the finals.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
I don't get all the love for the 76ers. They are returning the same team that lost to Boston without Kyrie and Heyward. Celtics stay healthy, and they are a lock for the finals.
Agreed. 76er and Knick fans tend to hype all their players. Hezonja is good? Please.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jimmy Butler's demanding a trade out of Minnesota, could shake things up depending on where he lands. While he was linked to the Celtics the last few times he was on the block, I don't think they're going to be chasing him this time around.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Jimmy Butler's demanding a trade out of Minnesota, could shake things up depending on where he lands. While he was linked to the Celtics the last few times he was on the block, I don't think they're going to be chasing him this time around.
No way for the Celtics. I say Clippers with Kawhi or Nets with Kyrie. I'm not sure I would max Kyrie if I'm the Celtics. Kyrie is a liability in our defensive scheme. The problem is he's one of the best one on one scorers in the league and Celtics have no one else that is guaranteed points in tight 4th quarters. If Hayward, Tatum, Brown can become that guy this season, then maybe max Kyrie money can be better spent elsewhere

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
No way for the Celtics. I say Clippers with Kawhi or Nets with Kyrie. I'm not sure I would max Kyrie if I'm the Celtics. Kyrie is a liability in our defensive scheme. The problem is he's one of the best one on one scorers in the league and Celtics have no one else that is guaranteed points in tight 4th quarters. If Hayward, Tatum, Brown can become that guy this season, then maybe max Kyrie money can be better spent elsewhere

NBA players really seem to hate cold weather teams the league needs a nhl hard cap

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Did you guys know that a rich Larry Bird wrecked his back in the summer of 85 by insisting on putting in a driveway for his mom instead of hiring someone? He wasn't cheap, he was stubborn. That combined with the way he threw his body around like a rag doll diving after unreachable loose balls killed his body. I think he was better than LeBron. His career could have been longer and McHale was awesome after 86 averaging roughly around 20 PPG several times.

If Len Bias and Reggie Lewis lived also, the Pistons would not have won anything. idk how SG Dumars got in the HoF averaging roughly 16 PPG. I've never seen that before or since for a SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->