Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
The Celtics are looking for a sweep while the bruins are fighting off elimination

If you told me this two months ago I would have been cackling

The Celtics are a solid team and the Pacers are a shell of the team that got a top-5 seed without Oladipo (counting the three games this series, they are something like 4-21 against teams with winning records in 2019). It's been a much more even series than the 3-0 score shows. The C's have guys who are making plays with the game on the line. The Pacers don't have that guy right now. The East is wide open.

Meanwhile, I expected things to be tough for the B's because they were going to have to go through two of the top four teams in the NHL just to get to the ... final four. Now, one of those has been eliminated, but the B's been outplayed in four of the five games ... the third-best team in the NHL playing the fourth-best team in the NHL in the first round.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Still it’s only Indy without Oladipo. We pretty much knew going in the Cs could handle any playoff team with the real challenges being Toronto, Milwaukee and the 76ers

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Still it’s only Indy without Oladipo. We pretty much knew going in the Cs could handle any playoff team with the real challenges being Toronto, Milwaukee and the 76ers

Yes, this series had to be won. But even without Dipo the Pacers played very well, especially at home. Sweeping them was not an easy task. Non the less, this team still has some red flags, but they can hang with the Bucks, Raptors and Sixers. I predict the Bucks-series to go 7.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Love how they highlighted Gordon getting dunked on then the Pacers got swept.

That was a heck of a play, though.

I wasn't able to watch much of the series outside of Game 1 (because every game conflicted with a Bruins game), but from the perspective of a Pacers fan, the result seemed like a foregone conclusion after G1. The Celtics were a deeper, more talented team with more weapons, especially with Oladipo out.

Glad to see Hayward (who grew up in the same town as me) starting to become the guy the Celtics signed last year. I've seen him make some pretty big plays in that building, including this one in his final HS game.

Good luck to the C's. Hope they hang #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad