Cell Phone Thread

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Was looking here to is if there was a dedicated cell phone thread because I had a question and couldn't find a proper thread so I figured I'd make it. Anyways, my question. Has anyone tried the new Galaxy S10? Am in the market for a new phone and was intrigued.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
What did they do?

A whole bunch of things,

They didn't order the buds or w/e they are called (wireless ear bud - airpod competition product) but thought they did and promoted them, presold them, etc. so ppl showed up to the store and were like "where are the buds I pre ordered?" and yeah they were no where to be found because there was an error high up the chain with purchasing them and all of that

Also a lot of errors with the storage on the S10s themselves - like the amount of phones they pre sold that were 128g , 512 g, and 1tb storage were all mixed up so people who paid for a 1TB phone showed up and the stores were like "well actually we don't have any left... but we can give you this one that has 1/2 or 1/10 the storage!" and vice versa "oh we don't have that one but if you pay x hundred more dollars you can have the 1TB model..."

etc.

Best Buy rly screwed up apparently

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
A whole bunch of things,

They didn't order the buds or w/e they are called (wireless ear bud - airpod competition product) but thought they did and promoted them, presold them, etc. so ppl showed up to the store and were like "where are the buds I pre ordered?" and yeah they were no where to be found because there was an error high up the chain with purchasing them and all of that

Also a lot of errors with the storage on the S10s themselves - like the amount of phones they pre sold that were 128g , 512 g, and 1tb storage were all mixed up so people who paid for a 1TB phone showed up and the stores were like "well actually we don't have any left... but we can give you this one that has 1/2 or 1/10 the storage!" and vice versa "oh we don't have that one but if you pay x hundred more dollars you can have the 1TB model..."

etc.

This is why I never buy my phone from a 3rd party. Going directly to the phone store has always worked out great for me.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Is there any reason for me to spend more than $300 on a phone? I don't really play games on it. I just use it for listening to music, sending text, talking and the occasional browsing. I'm still using a Galaxy S5 from 2014, but have been casually looking at maybe getting something new.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Is there any reason for me to spend more than $300 on a phone? I don't really play games on it. I just use it for listening to music, sending text, talking and the occasional browsing. I'm still using a Galaxy S5 from 2014, but have been casually looking at maybe getting something new.

Probably not.

Save camera, phones are good enough. Camera, updates, and now an Apple watch, is why I use a used iPhone 8 (~$400 off of ebay), but I don't have any interest in spending more than that.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
finally ordered my new phone yesterday. my 3 year contracts make it cheaper but damn does it feel like forever before I get an upgrade

decided to get a Galaxy S10. wanted a flagship this time around so the wait for an upgrade isnt so bad. Unlimited minutes and texts and 100GB of data for £36. not too bad. was 10GB data with 10x lifetime data bonus :D

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
A whole bunch of things,

etc.

lol at buying phones from a 3rd party, esp Best buy which is the biggest dump these days.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Do you want to look cool, or average? If cool then that is your reason.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Any suggestions on a $300 a phone. I see you can get a Galaxy S9 from best buy for like $400, which I guess isn't too bad.
Motorola just released the G7. It's probably one of the best new budget phones. There are many solid budget Chinese brands but the sites you have to buy them on are sort of sketchy and a lot of the phones might not work on specific networks.

S9 and other older flagships are still nice but you have to worry about lack of updates.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
finally ordered my new phone yesterday. my 3 year contracts make it cheaper but damn does it feel like forever before I get an upgrade

decided to get a Galaxy S10. wanted a flagship this time around so the wait for an upgrade isnt so bad. Unlimited minutes and texts and 100GB of data for £36. not too bad. was 10GB data with 10x lifetime data bonus :D
What company are you with? I thought most companies did away with contracts?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What company are you with? I thought most companies did away with contracts?
Virgin Media UK

Generally the contract is just over paying off the phone you get. You can cancel anytime you want, but you'd have to pay off the outstanding balance on the phone.

correct, although Virgin requires 12 months before you can trigger that I believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad