"Celebration of hockey" announced in Rochester, dates are Dec. 13-22

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Press conference is happening right now here are Kevin O's tweets:
Amerks outdoor hockey festival runs Dec. 13 to Dec. 22 at Frontier Field.

"Celebration of hockey" will include #Amerks game, Amerks-#Sabres alumni game, #RIT men's and women's doubleheader, plus high school.

Ice time in 75-minute blocks will be sold to charities, corporations and the public during the Dec. 13-22 hockey festival.

Tickets for #Amerks hockey festival at Frontier Field will go on sale sometime on the summer.

#Amerks AND Red Wings season ticket holder will be assured of tickets to outdoor hockey festival.

First event: #Amerks game on Dec. 13.

On Dec. 14: #RIT women's and men's doubleheader. On Sunday, Dec.15, #Amerks vs #Sabres alumni.

Making the event truly special: Section V high school hockey games on Saturday Dec. 21. goal is to have 6 high school games.

Adult and youth league games will fill some slots throughout the week too.

#RIT men will play #Niagara. #RIT women will play #Clarkson in the outdoor Frontier Field games.

#Sabres president Ted Black: our "way if saying thank you for letting us borrow your team" for 2 #Amerks games in Buffalo during lockout.

https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC
As a former Amerks season ticket holder and RIT alum, this sounds amazing :yo: I had to relocate for work but I will be coming back for this. I know that sometimes the Sabres organization is not thought of very highly in Rochester but this sounds like Hockey Heaven to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad