Injury Report: Cedrick Desjardins Done For Season with Torn ACL

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Oh man that's a shame. There goes HFD's season.

HFD needed to make the playoffs this season. The lack of playoff games are why some of the prospects haven't had the reps they've needed.

Considering injuries and the lack of playoffs in HFD, Rangers Dylan McIlrath played nearly the same amount of games the last 2 years as Hagelin, Nash, and MSL played last year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Oh man that's a shame. There goes HFD's season.

HFD needed to make the playoffs this season. The lack of playoff games are why some of the prospects haven't had the reps they've needed.

Considering injuries and the lack of playoffs in HFD, Rangers Dylan McIlrath played nearly the same amount of games the last 2 years as Hagelin, Nash, and MSL played last year.

IDK, Desjardins has been mediocre this year. Skapski has outplayed him and now will get the bulk of the starts. I'd rather see Jeff Malcolm taking the backup starts instead of Missiaen though. Miss is ****ing horrible.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I would assume that the Ranger organization will be looking for a more experienced veteran to help out with goaltending duties in Hartford (similar to last year when Talbot became the backup).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I would assume that the Ranger organization will be looking for a more experienced veteran to help out with goaltending duties in Hartford (similar to last year when Talbot became the backup).
Last year their policy was: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They only signed Leneveu because Lundqvist was sick and they couldn't get Miss or Stajcer to NY through the storm. He ended up backing up Lundqvist in the SCF.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Last year their policy was: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They only signed Leneveu because Lundqvist was sick and they couldn't get Miss or Stajcer to NY through the storm. He ended up backing up Lundqvist in the SCF.

What about Dov Grumet-Morris--who played the most games for the Wolfpack and came from Florida? Grumet-Morris and LeNeveu played 55 games for the Wolfpack--neither of them started the season with the organization.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
IDK, Desjardins has been mediocre this year. Skapski has outplayed him and now will get the bulk of the starts. I'd rather see Jeff Malcolm taking the backup starts instead of Missiaen though. Miss is ****ing horrible.

Agreed but its not like HFD has any reliable defenders beyond their top 2 at the AHL level. It'll be a great opportunity for Skapski.

I never followed him in juniors but he looked miles ahead of Missaen this year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What about Dov Grumet-Morris--who played the most games for the Wolfpack and came from Florida? Grumet-Morris and LeNeveu played 55 games for the Wolfpack--neither of them started the season with the organization.

After Biron was waived, Talbot got the nod so he was out of the mix. Stajcer sucked then hurt himself and Missiaen was terrible. Hartford's only options were Malcolm and Missiaen. They had somewhat of a goaltending crisis down there and the team really struggled as a result.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added another veteran, but I don't think it's pressing. They have a kid that they like who is playing well and for some reason they like Missiaen. Last year also showed that the organization is willing to go some time without a legitimate veteran presence between the pipes in Hartford.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He was never under contract with the Rangers.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A shame. I thought Desjardins was actually starting to click. Best wishes for a fast,full recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad