Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our point of leverage is all the money these days goes to star players, and solid 4th line contributors never get a huge bump. So Paq's probably not looking at a massive raise, despite how good he's been. I'm still not sold that he can be this player for the rest of his career, mind you. Just enjoying it while it lasts.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
1.5-2 million.

I think this is about right. He had a great year. The only concern is that it coincidentally came in a contract year. Hard to tell if that's because his health finally held up or because he finally put it all together and became excellent in his role.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think this is about right. He had a great year. The only concern is that it coincidentally came in a contract year. Hard to tell if that's because his health finally held up or because he finally put it all together and became excellent in his role.
He's always been good to start the season, then he's gotten injured and sucked ever since. This was the first time ever he's had a healthy season as his previous career high in games played was 64 (he played in the AHL for 5 games that season but he was also injured at some point IIRC). Health is a concern but even if we gave him 2 mil he'd be movable if we felt the need to do so.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Cedric Paq.jpg

Good luck in Ottawa Ceddy! 377 regular season games and 91 playoff games in 7 years with the Bolts.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
One of the more underrated bottom 6ers in the league. Trust him against any opposition, hits everything in sight, and could put up 15+ in the right scenario. Dump Truck will be missed.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad