Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Bonjour, friends.

I've noticed a trend in the last few years considering our 1C, Cédric Paquette. It's becoming pretty obvious that the NHL is trying to get rid of him for some reason. I've named this phenomenon Anti Paquette Propaganda, also known as APP. I'll give you some examples.

In a normal game, there are five players on ice for each team plus the goalies. That means 12 guys on the ice. But when another jumps on the ice, it becomes 13, and the rulebook says that that's a penalty. Why 13? You know who happens to wear that number? Coincidence?

Then, take a look at this video:

Notice anything weird? Which team is the first to come to anyone's mind when talking about the league's favorite team? That's right, the Pittsburgh Penguins. Now listen closely to what the Pens announcer says at 0:37. "Letang had lost his stick and then grabbed Paquette's baguette..." It isn't shown on TV but the announcer says it, probably hasn't gotten a message from Bettman that the Anti Paquette Propaganda needs to be hidden from public. The poor man can't even eat his baguettes in peace.

Also, remember when the referee Gord Dwyer tried to assassinate Paquette with his glove? Another way of the NHL trying to eliminate him from the league.

Don't believe me yet? Here's more evidence from the 2015 Stanley Cup finals:

Pretty "funny" coincidence once again... The penalty box door just happens to open when Cédric Paquette of all people is going for a hit there. We've seen many injuries when players hit the doors on the penalty boxes and benches. Another pathetic attempt at getting Paquette.

But what does Cédric himself think of the situation? He doesn't care. He's a hero and he's just trying to eliminate all the fake Paquettes like Datsyuk, Gaudreau, Atkinson etc. from the league.

Go Cédric! I got your back.

Wow main boards censored you! They must be in on the conspiracy. Let’s end the APP now!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

mrbaguette13

May 31, 2018
rumor: does Cédric Paquette eat baguettes? hmm

Confirmed with link:: Cédric Paquette does eat baguettes.

6948923346512f29d39785d29a22a0a5.png

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Paquette has been making a case to bring him back next year. If we trade Miller, Callahan or both then I wouldnt be against having him be a guy we bring back to play in their spot. If its not too pricey of course. Could see him taking a 3rd center role somewhere though.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Paquette has been making a case to bring him back next year. If we trade Miller, Callahan or both then I wouldnt be against having him be a guy we bring back to play in their spot. If its not too pricey of course. Could see him taking a 3rd center role somewhere though.
I can't see him being a 3C on a good team. Even with all his goal scoring lately he still has very limited offence. He's an ideal 4C when healthy though. Good defensively, physical, can kill penalties. I'd happily keep him as a 4C here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I can't see him being a 3C on a good team. Even with all his goal scoring lately he still has very limited offence. He's an ideal 4C when healthy though. Good defensively, physical, can kill penalties. I'd happily keep him as a 4C here.

I would happily as well. I could just see some team throw money at him thinking hes a 3C. Hes only making a mil right now. If he keeps playing well and producing like he has he might be able to get couple mil more on his next deal. Not saying it would be worth it but definitely see a team do it.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
LOL he's hitting everything

He's the 3rd in the league now in this department.
Last year his number was 112 in 56 games.
Apparently Cernak is challenging him having 40 hits in just 13 games though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC and JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL he's hitting everything

He's the 3rd in the league now in this department.
Last year his number was 112 in 56 games.
Apparently Cernak is challenging him having 40 hits in just 13 games though.

I think this is why it feels like Paquette is so much better this year than in previous years. He's always had stretches where he's played like this, but never for 30+ games where he's an asset almost every single night. And he's creating scoring chances too. Engblom keeps telling the Callahan/Paquette story, and, I usually don't buy into those things, but there's definitely been a change.

Maybe it's just that it's a contract year (so was last year though), but he's on a 1 yr contract, and the 1 yr deal in TB tends to be a "prove it" deal. Well, he's certainly proving it. To the point we might not be able to come up with the extra million or so to keep him around. #GoodProblems

Reactions: LonLon Lei

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've loved Paquette's game so far this season. Seems like his game is really simplified and focused and he's being rewarded for his work.

If this is the Paquette we get, I'd gladly keep a spot open for him, money permitting. He's been really good in his role.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
4 goals and 5 points in his past 10 games.
Leading nhl centers in hits by a solid amount.

Pretty good for a 4th liner.

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
Finally managing to get the consistency in his game even thought it's not resulting him any more points. I was pretty much done with im already but now it seems like he is nice fit, dont know if we can afford him as 4th liner but let's see.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope he doesn't ask for the moon after this season so we could keep him, love him on our 4th line. But still the most impressive thing is that he's been able to stay healthy this long.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Even with the hot streak he is only on pace for 24 points and I'm sure that will only go down as the season progresses. Don't see how anyone could pay him much more than he is getting right now.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Even with the hot streak he is only on pace for 24 points and I'm sure that will only go down as the season progresses. Don't see how anyone could pay him much more than he is getting right now.
If he gets ~ 15 goals then he could easily ask for 2 million on the market. That would be a huge difference for him since he's "only" making 1 million now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lost in the chaos of last night's game: Paquette picked up a Gordie Howe hat trick.

He's been a big asset this year. I love that he was arguably our best player last night, in a game constantly on the edge of getting out of hand. We've never really had that "guy," at least not in recent memory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad