Value of: Ceci to Vancouver

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
What would Ottawa fans want for Ceci? I think a change of scenery could do him good. I’m not crazy about giving up picks but pieces like Hutton, Goldobin, Sutter, Leivo, Beagle etc would all be available (IMO)

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I would rather not trade for Ceci. Especially for the price that he may ask for on his next contract.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Acquiring Ceci after finally being freed from Gudbranson would be the most Canuck thing to do.

There's also a 100% chance Benning would be interested.

Reactions: bh53

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Neutral observer here, but to give up anything of value for Ceci (who's at best a fringe NHLer IMO) would be terrible. Change of scenery or not, the guy's barely worth a two way contract.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I think Ceci is an awesome buy low gamble, if he blows the Canucks can walk away like with Pouliot but he could be a great addition if we can get his confidence up etc. We are a lottery team next year anyways

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I think Ceci is an awesome buy low gamble, if he blows the Canucks can walk away like with Pouliot but he could be a great addition if we can get his confidence up etc. We are a lottery team next year anyways
We’re not a lottery team next year; this team will definitely be gunning for the playoffs as Benning needs to earn a contract extension. I think we sneak in forsur

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
What would Ottawa fans want for Ceci? I think a change of scenery could do him good. I’m not crazy about giving up picks but pieces like Hutton, Goldobin, Sutter, Leivo, Beagle etc would all be available (IMO)

We don't want f***ing anything. Just take him please :help:

I like Leivo and Beagle

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Borderline top pairing offensive numbers while playing in a heavy defensive role. You put him in the right spot, he can easily provide top pairing offense while being a competent D man against other teams 2nd/3rd line. You want to put him in an elite shutdown role like Ottawa, you are definitely grasping at straws and are not going to be happy.

The truth is until Ottawa plays Ceci in a role he is more suited for, he is not too likely to be traded (other than a rental). To many unknowns, especially what the floor and ceiling may be. Teams want to trade for his floor, Ottawa wants to trade for his ceiling. He will be a rental come February is all likelihood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad