Friedman: Ceci awarded 4.3M AAV in Arbitration

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If the Sens trade Karlsson and walk away from Ceci, their next highest paid defence man is Phaneuf...... who’s playing in LA.
Ottawa really needs to fix whatever their doing

Reactions: BM14

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If the Sens trade Karlsson and walk away from Ceci, their next highest paid defence man is Phaneuf...... who’s playing in LA.
Ottawa really needs to fix whatever their doing
Gee I wonder if something else might be going on in Ottawa?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That sounds really fair. He'd crack the top 4 of a bunch of teams out there.
Just that he doesn't look to be turning into the 1st pairing guy people were hyping him up to turn out to be doesn't mean that he's chop liver.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Overpaid, but I guess that's the potential risk of going to arbitration. I think they'll probably shop him at the deadline.

Could be the first exciting deadline day in a while next year thanks to Ottawa. EK, Duchene, Stone and Ceci. Hopefully the team does ok leading up to the deadline, don't really want to see Colorado land a top 3 pick.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Ottawa needs to accept this and try to move him immediately. I think he'll look better elsewhere in a different situation. I'd actually really like to see him with Theodore in Vegas.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Ceci has limitations, but isn't a terrible defenseman.

I think the RFA ruling was a bit high, but his usage is hard to argue with the ruling. Overused, but he is a top 4 defenseman at the end of the day.

Ottawa hasn't had the depth since Methot left... that could be just as much on management or ownership.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ceci was more of an offensive D when he came in and then played RD behind Karlsson.. Boucher tried to have a shut down pair with Ceci and Phaneuf... he was deployed like that in big minutes for 2 years. His offense suffered and he never quite caught on... but He was playing with one of the slowest skaters in the NHL. As a D , particularly playing against the other team's top lines you will need a relief valve every once in a while.. Ceci would put the puck in Phaneuf's corner and he couldn't get there or wouldn't venture over there for fear that he would not make it back to the net on time.. Chalk up another giveaway., It was a terribly conceived concept for the personnel that the Sens had and Ceci did not fair well in it.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
With the exception of Karlsson, who is a flawed but great offensive D-Man.......pretty much everyone on the Sens SUCKS.

Stone, Duchene, Ceci, Ryan, Boedker, Paajarvi, Anderson, etc, etc........all mediocre and overpaid or soon to be overpaid(in Paajarvi's case). It's a disaster from top to bottom. Once Karlsson leaves.......there's just nothing there.

Move the team somewhere else and start over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->