Pre-Game Talk: CDF - Dallas Stars (1) vs. St. Louis Blues (2) - Series Tied 3-3

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Interesting Time

If this has already been brought up, apologies. I did not see it.

Saturday's Game 5 back in Dallas is at 12 noon.

I wonder what the morning preparation would be...all mental, a bit of stretching?

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
It is stupid for them to start at noon. The AAC does not have any other event planned that day. The NHL also has an eastern team starting at 615. Just like tonight the Stars game is at 830 and the preds game is at 8.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Would've liked Moen to sit for Ritchie as well but its a start i guess. Don't expect our 4th line to see much play anyways.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Need to capitalize on chances in game six.

Watched G5 from LaGuardia. Knew it was gonna be one of those games where bounces didn't go our way when Eakin missed an empty net off a cross crease pass.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Need to capitalize on chances in game six.

Watched G5 from LaGuardia. Knew it was gonna be one of those games where bounces didn't go our way when Eakin missed an empty net off a cross crease pass.

Theme of the series has been the wrong guys getting these chances. Eakin in game 5 and Demers for a couple games have had about 8 chances Klingberg and Benn/Sharp/Spezza would have buried.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean Eakin plays on the first line he's going to get those chances. I know its by default but thats what happens when a 30-40 point guy has to play a role over that he's not really suited for.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I mean Eakin plays on the first line he's going to get those chances. I know its by default but thats what happens when a 30-40 point guy has to play a role over that he's not really suited for.

That isn't really how things have worked out for him. Last game he had the 3 best chances he's had all playoffs and prior to Game 4 OT I don't recall him having anything close to a scoring chance. We've seen him do more with less.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
That isn't really how things have worked out for him. Last game he had the 3 best chances he's had all playoffs and prior to Game 4 OT I don't recall him having anything close to a scoring chance. We've seen him do more with less.

If we trail at all tomorrow then it immediately needs to be Benn - Spezza - Sharp

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I didn't expect the Stars to get out of the 1st Round until we got matched up with Minny, so I really feel like I'm playing with house money now in the 2nd Round. Low expectations and enjoying the bonus hockey. Go Stars!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So I think we'll have at least two and half fanbases cheering for us tomorrow :laugh:

Stars, Flames, and a lot of Chicago fans who are still pissed about the first round.

I want them to pull it off so badly, but I'm not expecting anything. I think yet again, the first ten minutes will decide the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad