CCS Final Rankings Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
By the way, CSS doesn't do a lot of of cross-league scouting. As a result you can find entire leagues/countries whose players seem to be over/underrated. CSS insiders have told me that this is sometimes a problem when compiling final results.

This year I'd say that the USHL/US18s and NCAA are getting the short stick, about 90% are underrated IMO- possibly Sweden too. The fact that the US won the World U18s means you should expect some of those players to be very high- but almost no one is- Where are Porter, Kolarik, Auffrey, Schneider, Klubertanz?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
steblick said:
By the way, CSS doesn't do a lot of of cross-league scouting. As a result you can find entire leagues/countries whose players seem to be over/underrated. CSS insiders have told me that this is sometimes a problem when compiling final results.

This year I'd say that the USHL/US18s and NCAA are getting the short stick, about 90% are underrated IMO- possibly Sweden too. The fact that the US won the World U18s means you should expect some of those players to be very high- but almost no one is- Where are Porter, Kolarik, Auffrey, Schneider, Klubertanz?
They lost to russia in the final last I checked and Canada has most of their better players still playing in the CHL. I think thats the same tourney you are talking about.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
steblick said:
CSS's rankings are no more or less strange than any individual NHL clubs rankings. I guarantee that you could look at all 30 NHL team's rankings and constantly be saying "Huh?!?!? Whazzat!?!?!".

Yup. And by that same token, the persons doing the "huh?" and the "whazzat?" would also have lists that other people would find just as weird and ****ed up too. :D

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
They lost to russia in the final last I checked and Canada has most of their better players still playing in the CHL. I think thats the same tourney you are talking about.

My mistake- I should have said "made the final"- but the point still stands. Canada's situation at the U18s has/had no relation to what I wrote.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Actually it does, had Canada had a strong enough team it probably wouldn't have been USA makeing it to the final. Not getting to the final would only be an ok year opposed to winning the under 18 like you mistakenly said. I am reaching but then again it is 3:46 am.

The Sneak

Mar 6, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
Anyone care to try their hand at mixing the lists? To make a combined top 30 without regard to draft positions or projected team needs? Just who are the most talented eligible players? For instance, is Ladd the 3rd best overall? 5th? How would you shuffle this lists?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Rhodes Rage said:
Anyone care to try their hand at mixing the lists? To make a combined top 30 without regard to draft positions or projected team needs? Just who are the most talented eligible players? For instance, is Ladd the 3rd best overall? 5th? How would you shuffle this lists?

If I had to keep the CS's order intact my top 30 would look something like this...

Alex Ovechkin
Yevgeny Malkin
Andrew Ladd
Cam Barker
Rostislav Olesz
Alex Picard
Kyle Chipchura
Marek Schwarz
Lauri Tukonen
Wojtek Wolski
Andrej Meszaros
Boris Valabik
Drew Stafford
Alvaro Montoya
Johan Fransson
Dave Bolland
Mike Green
Viktor Alexandrov
Alex Radulov
Robbie Schremp
AJ Thelen
Petteri Nokelainen
Jeff Schultz
Sergie Ogorodnikov
Devan Dubnyk
Lauri Korpikoski
Kyle Wharton
Enver Lisin
Lukas Kaspar
Bruce Graham

My actual top 30 would definitely have Adam Berti, Wes O'Niell and Carl Soderberg(sp) on it and at least 20 other minor adjustments.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Rhodes Rage said:

Last year I combined Redline, THN, CSS and something else and will probably do it again when I have all the final lists. What it does is give you a "consensus" list.

Ended up predicting the top 9 perfectly. But then guys like Getzlaf fell from their consensus top 12 ranking...

Comrie_fan

Nov 25, 2002
Qc
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Last year I combined Redline, THN, CSS and something else and will probably do it again when I have all the final lists. What it does is give you a "consensus" list.

Ended up predicting the top 9 perfectly. But then guys like Getzlaf fell from their consensus top 12 ranking...
Stanilav Lascek is not in the CSB final ranking why ????

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:

Anybody know when the final Redline and THN will be out?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
West said:
If I had to keep the CS's order intact my top 30 would look something like this...

Alex Ovechkin
Yevgeny Malkin
Andrew Ladd
Cam Barker
Rostislav Olesz
Alex Picard
Kyle Chipchura
Marek Schwarz
Lauri Tukonen
Wojtek Wolski
Andrej Meszaros
Boris Valabik
Drew Stafford
Alvaro Montoya
Johan Fransson
Dave Bolland
Mike Green
Viktor Alexandrov
Alex Radulov
Robbie Schremp
AJ Thelen
Petteri Nokelainen
Jeff Schultz
Sergie Ogorodnikov
Devan Dubnyk
Lauri Korpikoski
Kyle Wharton
Enver Lisin
Lukas Kaspar
Bruce Graham

My actual top 30 would definitely have Adam Berti, Wes O'Niell and Carl Soderberg(sp) on it and at least 20 other minor adjustments.

You missed Ladislav Smid.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I am curious to now, why Johan Fransson is so high (7.) to that European list? What he has ever done? He is only 4 month younger than Sami Lepisto and maybe little taller, but Lepisto has shown much more than Fransson.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Fransson has tremendous wheels and dominated late in the SEL. His skating is the best I´ve seen in a while...

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Ola said:
Fransson has tremendous wheels and dominated late in the SEL. His skating is the best I´ve seen in a while...

Dominated SEL? I never seen him play but if he dominated SEL why he isnt Swedes WC team? I am curious to now if he dominated SEL, then where is his points? Ok, maybe he is good but don´t look at all that he is 7th to Europeans when look his points. I now thats not all but look that he isn´t never do much points so how we could wait that he do better later. Maybe he is stay-at-home defender, but do that, he is IMO too small.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
because the only two non NHL-defenseman who took place on the team was
Per HÃ¥llberg and Ronnie Sundin. Eventually Per HÃ¥llberg was the only one left.

And Fransson is excellent offensively and produced only one goal less than Lepisto even though he played lesser amount of games in SEL.

Fransson is the most talented d-man from Luleå since Öhlund. Fransson would most likely have been a regular in Luleå SEL 2002-2003 season if his season hadn´t been spoiled by injuries.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
IFK said:
Dominated SEL? I never seen him play but if he dominated SEL why he isnt Swedes WC team? I am curious to now if he dominated SEL, then where is his points? Ok, maybe he is good but don´t look at all that he is 7th to Europeans when look his points. I now thats not all but look that he isn´t never do much points so how we could wait that he do better later. Maybe he is stay-at-home defender, but do that, he is IMO too small.

Luleå had several injuries on there D late in the season, played one game with 4 d´s for ex, and Fransson had a great finnish in the regular season.

He is one of the best skaters I´ve seen on a hockey rink. He got a effort less stride and just flys on the ice. Reads the game well, has good hands and a good shoot. He missed most of last year with a broken leg but rumors says that Montreal still was interested to pick him but he opted out. Had a concussion in the playoffs this year. He has not had a impressive international showing yet. Had three goals this year in the WJC but Swedish coach new that his team could not compete this year talant wise with the top four teams and Fransson was not allowed to step up the ice allot. However dominated offensivly late in games when Sweden trailed against the top teams... Ex national team coach Hans "virus" Lindberg said that he is the best young defensemen he has seen since Niklas Lidstrom.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Bluenote13 said:
I agree, he'll go higher than people have rated him, very underrated.
Ditto. I was in a position where I was thinking I was the only guy who had seen the potential in this guy and therefore maybe I had caught only a few of his better games and was way off- but kudos are starting to come in from all over. Now everyone seems to be talking about (in hushed tones).

Sleeper 2nd round pick?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
steblick said:
Ditto. I was in a position where I was thinking I was the only guy who had seen the potential in this guy and therefore maybe I had caught only a few of his better games and was way off- but kudos are starting to come in from all over. Now everyone seems to be talking about (in hushed tones).

Sleeper 2nd round pick?

I'm not sure, but it's possible. He's part of the 2nd tier of goalies - Akerlund, Brown, Shantz, Peters, Glass, Pogge, Houle, Ramo - these players will most likely go off the board starting in the mid 2nd.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Ola said:
Luleå had several injuries on there D late in the season, played one game with 4 d´s for ex, and Fransson had a great finnish in the regular season.

He is one of the best skaters I´ve seen on a hockey rink. He got a effort less stride and just flys on the ice. Reads the game well, has good hands and a good shoot. He missed most of last year with a broken leg but rumors says that Montreal still was interested to pick him but he opted out. Had a concussion in the playoffs this year. He has not had a impressive international showing yet. Had three goals this year in the WJC but Swedish coach new that his team could not compete this year talant wise with the top four teams and Fransson was not allowed to step up the ice allot. However dominated offensivly late in games when Sweden trailed against the top teams... Ex national team coach Hans "virus" Lindberg said that he is the best young defensemen he has seen since Niklas Lidstrom.

Thanks alot. Looks like Sweden has one of very good prospect in long time, who has big upside and that is very nice thing to hear. You dont have meny of those like players for a while.

When that Linberg say that best young defenseman since Lidstrom thing, do he mean all prospects on the world or only defenders from Sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->