Equipment: CCM Vector Pro Skates

Blueland89

Dec 1, 2009
Cartersville, Ga
I bought a pair of these skates off of somebody who had never used them for $25 I remembered the skates and knew when they came out they were top of the line and around $400. I have skated in them a few times now and I have looked all over the internet and I am curious if I can bake these skates. I'm sure they will break in fine but I would like to speed up the process. The only thing that has me worried is the extrior of the boot, I was just wodering if anybody had owned them before and could fill me in or if anbody has some feedback who has maybe used them before.

Thanks

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah, get them baked in a skate oven.

They are fragile, take good care of them and make sure to watch for loose stitching and stuff. Not the most durable.

matix218

Dec 18, 2013
Yeah, get them baked in a skate oven.

They are fragile, take good care of them and make sure to watch for loose stitching and stuff. Not the most durable.

Not true at all, if anything you are thinking of the 1st generation U+ skates.

The vector pro is one of the most durable skates that I have ever seen. Other than the silver paint on the sides coming off over time (which is purely cosmetic) I have never seen any actual (structural) problems with these boots over time.

IMO the best skate CCM has made in recent years (including their current line of skates).

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Not true at all, if anything you are thinking of the 1st generation U+ skates.

The vector pro is one of the most durable skates that I have ever seen. Other than the silver paint on the sides coming off over time (which is purely cosmetic) I have never seen any actual (structural) problems with these boots over time.

IMO the best skate CCM has made in recent years (including their current line of skates).

Are we talking about this: http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/pa...+Vector+Pro+Hockey+Skates+('05+Model)-+Senior

Or

These: http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/product/product_id/1240

matix218

Dec 18, 2013

The first link is the Vector Pro that he is referring to.

The second is from the U+ line that came out after the Vector Pro/Vector 10.0 skates and the first gen U+ skates had massive durability issues with the external material. That is why on the "reloaded" model they got a new "surlyn" outer shell to remedy the problems with the first gen U+ Pro

moreoutdoor

Jan 25, 2014
Central Coast CA
Thought I'd add my 2 cents on these...
Lucked out and got a NEW pair of Vector Pros (scalloped runners), a week ago, and did 2 hrs of sticktime on them last night - first skate. Took about 10 minutes to start getting the feel of them, by end of sticktime I felt as though I'd had them for years.

Awesome Skate! As with older model CCMs, these seem made for my feet! And I've always loved the stock profile I had on my tacks, these seem very similar. Great balance, on center feel and easy to get extreme angles on. Felt especially solid on backwards skate and maneuvers. So great, right out of the box.
Super light (my view, as an old fart).
Baked them and they are very comfy - which is saying a lot considering the condition of my feet. Their D width might be a little on the D-, which is fine for me and needs no further adjustment. I do have a high instep and the boot depth is fine.
These are way better than the Grafs I'm comin from. And have absolutely no lacebite (unlike the grafs - more on that later...) I did get some used vapors (XXV ?) which were also better than the Grafs - but the custom profile they were ground to, has got to go before I spend any real quality time with them.

I LUV these Vector Pro skates! Wish I had bought a 2nd pair.

matix218

Dec 18, 2013
Thought I'd add my 2 cents on these...
Lucked out and got a NEW pair of Vector Pros (scalloped runners), a week ago, and did 2 hrs of sticktime on them last night - first skate. Took about 10 minutes to start getting the feel of them, by end of sticktime I felt as though I'd had them for years.

Awesome Skate! As with older model CCMs, these seem made for my feet! And I've always loved the stock profile I had on my tacks, these seem very similar. Great balance, on center feel and easy to get extreme angles on. Felt especially solid on backwards skate and maneuvers. So great, right out of the box.
Super light (my view, as an old fart).
Baked them and they are very comfy - which is saying a lot considering the condition of my feet. Their D width might be a little on the D-, which is fine for me and needs no further adjustment. I do have a high instep and the boot depth is fine.
These are way better than the Grafs I'm comin from. And have absolutely no lacebite (unlike the grafs - more on that later...) I did get some used vapors (XXV ?) which were also better than the Grafs - but the custom profile they were ground to, has got to go before I spend any real quality time with them.

I LUV these Vector Pro skates! Wish I had bought a 2nd pair.

Vector Pro and Vector 10.0 were the 2 best boots CCM ever made in my opinion.

Congrats on finding a brand new pair! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad