CCM RBZ FT1 stick . . .

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
So, I recently broke my 2nd and last 85 flex CCM Trigger ASY (best stick I've owned). I had the two previous models of that line, and I noticed they gradually got better each year. I'm always a year or two model years behind what's current; I wait till last year's models drop in price 50% or more for a high-end stick.

I saw this one for sale and was wondering if anyone has it, and how it's like on the ice. It's marketed as the do-all stick, which might be OK for my style.
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories...-ft1-grip-senior-hockey-stick-332291572.html#

My background:
I'm light at the moment at about 180-185 pounds, 6'3 or so. I play forward or defence, wherever I'm needed I'll fill in the spots. I have a decent wrist, snap, and slapshot for beer league. When I play defence I like to take lots of slapshots, low and hard usually for deflections etc. I like taking one timers in particular; you could say I'm a decent shooter overall, but more of a natural play-maker based on my points year after year.

I have an older Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG 95 flex. It's not a bad stick, but the CCM Trigger stick I had seemed much hotter on every single shot, with the Bauer model having a slight edge in full slapshot power only (mid kick and 95 flex).

So, I'm thinking of either waiting for the CCM Trigger 2 to drop in price, or possibly try out a different model like the RBZ FT1. Thoughts?

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
I've used the CCM Ribcor Reckoner which was released the year before the ASY. I've also used the CCM RBZ Revolution which was released the year before the FT1.

I didn't really have a good time with the RBZ Revolution. It was heavier then the Ribcor, especially in the blade. Puck feel wasn't great on the RBZ either. I bought both sticks at the same time, and my RBZ Revolution broke at the bottom of the heel of the blade, while my Ribcor Reckoner is still going strong. RBZ probably had a better slapshot/one-timer, but that isn't really my play style.

I know the RBZ line has a constant variable kick profile, which means it's supposed to be jack of all-trades stick, but to me it was always more of a power-focused stick.

If you're a playmaker, I'd stick with the Ribcor. If you're a shooter/one-timer, Maybe give the RBZ a shot. I heard the weight/balance of the FT1 improved a lot over the Revolution.

Last edited:

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm a bit of both actually. I get lots of assists because I'm not a puck hog, but I can definately snipe corners as well. But yeah, I'll usually dish off the puck if there's another man in a better shooting position.

I went to my LHS and tried out the Trigger 2 and the FT1; they actually both really seemed like very good sticks, so it's hard to tell which would be better. I have to go to a bigger chain store like Pro Hockey Life where they have a machine that measures puck speed on your shots. No slapshots allowed, but I already got a feel for both sticks and they both perform very well.

My feeling is that either the Trigger 2 or the FT1 would allow me to light the lamp a little more than my older Bauer, which was my backup stick. I think its lost some of it's pop, it's hard to tell because it still has some decent slapshot velocity in it, just not near a quick release like my previous Trigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad