CCM P38 vs P45

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Now that I can no longer get a RH P38 anywhere i've been told that the P45 is a good comparison . Has anyone used the P45 and P38 that can give me some insight. Im also thinking about getting a Base stick as they have a similar pattern to the P38 (BM12)

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
Somewhat similar, though I'd say P45 curve a mid-toe curve, whereas P38 is a mid-heel curve. Both are closed patterns, however they both do feel different IMO.

The W16 from warrior is a clone of the P38 CCM curve. Any luck with finding one of those?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Your probably going to have as tough a time finding CCM P-45s as you will P-38s if strictly talking retail off-the-shelf. Even pro stock is tricky, what's out there is limited and it goes pretty fast. Both curves are discontinued at the retail level. I guess there is the custom-order route, I've never been down that road so I can't speak to it.

They are similar but different. The P-38 is definitely larger, the lie I believe are different (5 lie for the P-38, 5.5 for the P-45 based on my own sticks). The P-45 is a smaller blade.

If your going to switch from the P-38, probably better off choosing a curve still made at retail, probably a P-88 would be the closest.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Way late o respondbut thanks for your feedback. I just don't understand why CCM would discontinue the P38 when it's obviously very popular pattern.

If they discontinued it, I’m quite sure it was no longer popular. Most people are using the P28 or P92 curves now.

I tried looking through pro stock sticks and sideline swap, didn’t see many P38s out there.

I’d say your best bet is to either keep a close eye on pro stock sticks with the P38 curve, or consider ordering custom sticks from CCM if you have the budget for it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they discontinued it, I’m quite sure it was no longer popular. Most people are using the P28 or P92 curves now.

I tried looking through pro stock sticks and sideline swap, didn’t see many P38s out there.

I’d say your best bet is to either keep a close eye on pro stock sticks with the P38 curve, or consider ordering custom sticks from CCM if you have the budget for it.

Right-handed P-38s are like unicorns at this point, very rare.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I dont know about that I mean Arrested Development, The Big Xtra, Pogs. All popular things that got discontinued lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad