Cchl2

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
I can't say as I disagree, but using this argument to support CCHL II and U18 is just as crazy. Who do you think makes up the majority of CCHL I rosters now, and who do you think their target market is for their new clubs. Ottawa kids, Eastern Ontario kids ? Dream on.

60% of the CPC are not from Eastern Ontario. It will be a similar look to these new teams in 10 years. Americans will pay far more money to play here than local kids.

The Midget league is governed by Minor Hockey rules and HEO, not by Junior rules thus there will be no imports at that level

Yeehaw

Apr 18, 2015
The question now is will Midget AAA remain non-profit or will the CCHL try to make money off of it?

You can be certain that the CCHL will do all they can to make money from Midgets. Get used to multiple offseason camps and summer hockey.

CC87

Nov 16, 2011
In the 1990 birth year pre AAA their were 27 or 28, if I remember right 13 from OVT. When AAA came in everyone thought the world was falling apart just like this, it never did. Change is not always bad, people over react so much that it is ridiculous.

1990 is an anomaly. Interesting why you picked it, instead of 1989, or 1991?

1989 - 22 (- 5 kingston) = 17
1990 - 30 (- 2 Kingston) = 28
1991 - 25 (- 6 Kingston) = 19 (last year of AA)

Last three years of AA, average is 21.

AAA, not including schools

2013 - 23
2014 - 24
2015 - 25

Average is 23.

An 8% increase, which would be greater if not for the anomaly of the 1990 births.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
CCHL 2 board is kind of quiet. Should get rolling and get some questions answered.

1. What happens to HEO players who played on the six teams that are not in CCHL 2 league next season? Are they free agents?

2. SF and B'ville I heard have their own CCHL 2 teams. Has anyone heard of other JR A teams that are connected to CCHL 2 teams?

3. What if a player played for Ott West JR B last season and got drafted by B'ville. Does he become Tikis property if he doesn't make the Braves?

4. Will U18 players be able to affiliate with CCHL 2 as well as JR A team.

Hopefully this will open up a few more questions

Jackbenimble

Mar 22, 2013
CCHL 2 board is kind of quiet. Should get rolling and get some questions answered.

1. What happens to HEO players who played on the six teams that are not in CCHL 2 league next season? Are they free agents?

2. SF and B'ville I heard have their own CCHL 2 teams. Has anyone heard of other JR A teams that are connected to CCHL 2 teams?

3. What if a player played for Ott West JR B last season and got drafted by B'ville. Does he become Tikis property if he doesn't make the Braves?

1) Gananoque, Gatineau went back to their branches and Morrisburg joined NCJHL (jr C) so the keep their rosters. Akwwesasne players are free agents as were Shawville and Almonte BUT Perth bought both of those rosters.
2) Alexandria with Hawksbury, Char-Lan with Cornwall and Renfrew with Pembroke. Westport & Brockville are OWNED by the Bears and the Braves respectively.
3) Jr B rights remain with the team the player played with last season regardless of a teams ownership or affiliation.
4) Same rules apply in regards to AP. so the answer is yes if you are 15 yrs old but only one team if you are 16 yrs old.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010

1) Gananoque, Gatineau went back to their branches and Morrisburg joined NCJHL (jr C) so the keep their rosters. Akwwesasne players are free agents as were Shawville and Almonte BUT Perth bought both of those rosters.
2) Alexandria with Hawksbury, Char-Lan with Cornwall and Renfrew with Pembroke. Westport & Brockville are OWNED by the Bears and the Braves respectively.
3) Jr B rights remain with the team the player played with last season regardless of a teams ownership or affiliation.
4) Same rules apply in regards to AP. so the answer is yes if you are 15 yrs old but only one team if you are 16 yrs old.

I'm pretty sure that you can only AP with one team, regardless of age.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure that you can only AP with one team, regardless of age.

Well I am sure there will be a new "pilot" affiliation process this year that allows these new "Clubs" to affiliate any player in their system to any level.:laugh:

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Well I am sure there will be a new "pilot" affiliation process this year that allows these new "Clubs" to affiliate any player in their system to any level.:laugh:

Too funny!!! KA seems to have control over everything hockey related in Eastern Ontario, so I'm sure he'll make it happen.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

Hockey Canada actually has a "club" system that permits very liberal movement of players. There are very few of them in Canada but there is a way to do it under current rules.

Under normal circumstances Hockey Canada rules only permit players to affiliate to one junior team and one minor hockey team. For instance a Midget AA player could affiliate to Midget AAA and Junior B. Midget AAA would have to affiliate to either Junior B or A.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Hockey Canada actually has a "club" system that permits very liberal movement of players. There are very few of them in Canada but there is a way to do it under current rules.

Under normal circumstances Hockey Canada rules only permit players to affiliate to one junior team and one minor hockey team. For instance a Midget AA player could affiliate to Midget AAA and Junior B. Midget AAA would have to affiliate to either Junior B or A.

Most minor asscociations I have dealt with run as a club, it cuts down dramatically on the paperwork of affiliations.

Here is the rule, and as you can see the branch has some power over how it is used so serioiusly, you can expect a pilot project on this prior to the start of the season.

20. a) A club is defined as a local Minor Hockey Association operated and controlled by a duly elected Executive or Board of Directors, the members of which shall designate from among themselves, the persons referred to in E.4.
b) However Branches may at their discretion adopt an internal policy as to the definition of a club and its signing Officers within the confines of a geographical sub-division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad