CCHL Midget Draft

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
lmao, there are tons of totally negative posters far more biased than me that you have never called out............

Right, because they never come after me, you do. When they come after me, ill do the same.

Again, dodging things, but shouldn't you treat myself and Jason the same? If you didn't have a bias, you would.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
If you don't like it, don't post 'ridiculously positive' (love that) things. Myself and Jason both talked about the draft and its importance, he said it was the backbone of the league, I asked how could it be that way if Carlton Place doesn't roster many of the players they draft. You then ripped me, suggesting that it was too early to judge. If your going to rip me, rip Jason too, he said how important it was. But we both know why you wont do that, you don't rip on the CCHL or its members.

If you don't want me calling you out, don't say and do dumb things.

The amount of people calling you out for your biased ways continues to grow, just saying.

He's never going to yield or admit anything. He's not worth your time. The league could charge 50k a year in fees and he'd find a way to justify it. Let it go, it's pointless.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Right, because they never come after me, you do. When they come after me, ill do the same.

Again, dodging things, but shouldn't you treat myself and Jason the same? If you didn't have a bias, you would.

LOL, you are confusing coming after you with correcting factual errors.

Not even sure what you are referring to with JC, he is only one that can answer questions about his team.

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
LOL, you are confusing coming after you with correcting factual errors. Like I said, read my posts over the last little while and try to find one that stating a fact.

Not even sure what you are referring to with JC, he is only one that can answer questions about his team.

For god sakes, I've posted it 4 times, do I need to post it a 5th? :banghead:

You ripped me for questioning the draft, saying it was to early to judge, when at the same time JC was praising it as the backbone and the history of it was great. How can you rip me saying it was too early while giving JC a pass about his history comment. Different posters are treated differently by you, simple as that.

Regarding 'bias', look at this post from last week..

I came into this with an incredibly open mind, I think its a crime that some CCHL teams seem more interested in rostering out of town kids vs local ones. We cry and complain when outside programs don't recognize our talent (see OHL teams not drafting Ottawa kids as high), yet our own Jr A league ignores them as well. If this stops that practice, sign me up. I wasn't, and know many parents who where not informed about this until the project was launched, and there's no doubt that was stratigic, but at the same time that doesn't make it a bad one, but it does raise red flags about motivaition and what's being hidden (if anything). This should be a place where we can have those conversations, but as Ive mentioned, that doesn't happen, which isn't fair.

Im lucky in the fact that I work in both Toronto and Ottawa, family has roots in both places so can move without many issues, if this doesn't work its not that difficult to set up shop elsewhere, but most if not all of my friends do not have that luxury, so I want to be sure that this program is isntilled for the right reasons. Again, we're not really allowed to explore that.

If it was just me, then Id yield your point and stop, but its not, there's alot of us, be it agents or parents who have issues with him, its not just one of us. He'll claim to be impartial, yet whenever he's given an opportunity to correct or go after a CCHL poster (see Jason yesterday) he'll ignore it and go after us. Thats not impartial. Perhaps you, a rational and sane poster suggesting that he is indeed 'He's relentlessly, and ludicrously, positive (ludicrously is a great word), he'll see he goes over the line, but to this point I'm not holding my breath.

As you and others have posted many times, what's posted on here has zero, nill, nada impact on this program. There are easy metrics to look at and see if it works. If more Ottawa players are on teams like Carleton Place, fantastic, its working. So the need to police comments and ensure that everyone is only saying positive things about the CCHL is silly, or as you said, ludicrous.

My issue isn't with U18, its by the league's spokespeople on here, they're so insecure about free discussion it makes me ask why? Why do they need to police things? Whats the fear over organic dialog?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Knock it off with the personal attacks in here. Moderation in this thread will be increasing significantly, so please take the time to review the site rules. Further flaming or trolling will be met with moderator action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad