Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I liked the trade more for Winnipeg after it went down but if Roslovic is a quality top 6 center and willing to sign another contract as a hometown hero (given he's from Columbus) that's great news for them and will clearly push the trade in their favor even if Laine is unwilling to sign long term.

In any case he doesn't look like a throw in at this point and could really help the Blue Jackets a lot for the next 6 years.

Reactions: CBJx614

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Roslovic's now scored a point per game for his first 6 games.

Remember when people were considering just Dubois vs Laine and were COMPLETELY ignoring that Roslovic even was a part of the trade?

From the Jets stand point it was okay to give him up to move on.

Hopefully him and Laine do great in Columbus. But for the Jets this was a bottom six player here that didnt have a great defensive game. And for some reason refused to sign. We will know more after the shortened season is done what CBJ got in his new role there.

To me, Appleton is a better fit for 3rd/4th line wing for our club anyway.

Good to see Roslovic doing his best to shed that throw in label he was given by many so far.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I was surprised Laine was traded for Dubois with nothing more significant added from the Columbus side, but was even more surprised that Roslovic was included in the deal. Always felt he had potential to be a good player. I think Columbus made a great trade. I think it was a bad value trade by the Jets.
I agree. Especially considering the Jets are paying a portion of Laine's salary to boot.

Jets should have received better than a 3rd rounder with Dublois IMO.

Reactions: hn777

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
From the Jets stand point it was okay to give him up to move on.

Hopefully him and Laine do great in Columbus. But for the Jets this was a bottom six player here that didnt have a great defensive game. And for some reason refused to sign. We will know more after the shortened season is done what CBJ got in his new role there.

To me, Appleton is a better fit for 3rd/4th line wing for our club anyway.

Good to see Roslovic doing his best to shed that throw in label he was given by many so far.
Roslovic was not a bottom 6 player. He was a top 6 player held back by a completely incompetent coach.

Reactions: hn777

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I agree. Especially considering the Jets are paying a portion of Laine's salary to boot.

It's just for this season to make the cap hits work and splitting hairs given the value of players going each way. It was Dubois or get a pile of lesser stuff for Laine like they did for Trouba. Just like how Bergevin trading a 3rd with Domi to secure Anderson looks excellent in hindsight.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Was a great hockey trade for both teams from the beginning.

Made sense for both teams.

I fully expected PLD to be a beast and put up a ton of points with the Jets.

All three needed a change of scenery.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Roslovic was not a bottom 6 player. He was a top 6 player held back by a completely incompetent coach.

Roslovic was never better than 6 other forwards on the Jets though, with the exception of maybe when Little was injured.

Happy for him to get more opportunity, but when he was given top 6 minutes with the Jets he didn't take advantage.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

They are paying a portion of his salary but his contract ends after this year. They retained enough salary that the retention combined with PLD's salary is exactly the same right now as they were when Laine was on the Jets. It isn't really a big deal for this year.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
This will go down as one of the worst trades in league history
When Laine refuses to sign long term in Columbus it sure will be looked back on as a bad trade.

Or maybe we shouldn't make long term predictions before one of the players in the trade has played his first game with his new team...

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Jack Roslovics most commons line mates 5v5 from 18-20.

Perrault-587
Ehlers-487
Copp-477
Wheeler-429
Little-373
Laine-288

he was also given a little bit of PP time (60 seconds per game)

Roslovic played with a lot of good players while with the Jets and still only had a career high of 29 points.

I still expect him to be around a 45 point player.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If Laine and Roslovic were to both be close to point per game, how good would PLD need to be for Jets to actually win the trade?
Roslovic wouldn't stick at PPG in Winnipeg. Deleting Roslovic has given Appleton more opportunity, who is putting up similar numbers as Roslo did here while being far superior defensively.

It's certainly interesting that losing Roslovic has been beneficial for Winnipeg while also being helpful to Columbus too.

Last edited:

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Laine already benched. Those in the know saw this one coming. The advanced stats do not lie, the guy is NOT good on the defense and a clash with Tortorella was inevitable.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I could see Roslovic William Karlssoning it. AKA finally given an opportunity and thriving with it.
Rosie will revert to who he is and that isn’t a 2c on a competitive team. He is way to much of a perimeter player who just doesn’t like the tough areas. I hope that I am wrong but I have seen him play pretty much every NHL game he has played. Good player. A 2C, not likely unless he completely changes his game. I hope that he can do it though. He seems like a good guy.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine already benched. Those in the know saw this one coming. The advanced stats do not lie, the guy is NOT good on the defense and a clash with Tortorella was inevitable.

He was benched tonight? Doesn't look from TOI he was benched long if he was.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
As much as I love Torts he cannot coach 2021 elite players. If CBJ chooses torts over Laine they are beyond stupid.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
He was benched tonight? Doesn't look from TOI he was benched long if he was.

After the second goal against. Was warming the bench next to the backup for the last 6 minutes of the 2nd with a pissed-off look on his face. Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. Jarmo may have let his prior affections lead to a huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->