Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
No games for Laine or Dubois yet.

Laine will likely debut on Tuesday against Dallas. Dubois later.

Roslovic made his CBJ debut yesterday. Played "ok", I guess.
Hattrick Laine with a stellar incoming debut no doubt. Always has the Stars number

Reactions: LAINEC

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I thought Roslovic looked pretty good in his first game. Showed good speed, good hands and some nice backchecking. Also better on faceoffs than I thought. First game but I prefer positive starts to clunkers. I think he's the key to the trade. If CBJ get a 40-50pt center out of the deal and 35-40 goals from Laine with an improved PP, they will be a better team because of it. No 1C any more, however, Domi, Texier and Roslovic all could be 2C or 2C+ level centers. They all appear to have the ability. Once the CBJ gets settled with Laine in the lineup we'll see what they look like 5 or so games in. I'm encouraged.
Did Roslovic play centre last night, or wing?

Reactions: CoachWithNoTeam
Nov 24, 2006
Aside from seeing how both teams look with their new shiny toys.. what I also really want to know is if Avgard "the hockey professor" has made his appearance yet on the Columbus board yet
Yes. Legendary first post too.

So the actual trade was Laine, Roslovic, and Avgard for Dubois and a 3rd round pick.

Solid deal all around.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
there is no rationality to it at all. in no other profession do employers yell at their employees even if they deserve it. trying to humiliate someone by yelling at him doesnt work. doesnt help that he has to play mind games with his players to boot. maurice treats his players with respect cause thats what decent people do.

Supposedly what ex players tend to say about Torts is that he doesn't play mind games. It's all straightforward and in your face. Whether that is true or not I don't know. But I have heard that said many times, and the opposite take that we are seeing now seems to be mostly just yellow journalism coming out of Quebec.

Having experienced a coach yelling at me on the bench, and having experienced being yelled at in an office setting, I can tell you it doesn't feel the same way. In the intensity of a game everything is amplified and having a coach raise the volume feels appropriate. There is an understanding that the purpose is to get you to raise your intensity. And believe me I'm not the type to tolerate yelling in an office, when that happened to me I quit on the spot.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It will be great, trust me. Both Torts and Laine are straightforward guys who are and appriciate honesty above all. Torts "says" everything honestly and that is what Laine needs and wants. It will work work out alot better than some guys here seem to think.
Laine was told everything directly in Winnipeg too.

This isn't to say I'm hoping for conflict. I hope this is a win for both teams. I'm really not exactly sure what Dubois problem was on the BJs but the same applies. I do think both of these guys need to back up their words with their play and attitude. Neither should want to be seen as the common denominator to their problems with UFA contracts around the corner.

I do think if their is conflict with these players it will be more likely that Torts puts Laine on blast before anyone from TNSE would to Dubois.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
First time I have ever heard any one say that Maurice treats his players with respect.
Really? He is known league wide as a ‘players coach’. I haven't heard of one player that has had a bad experience or even anything negative to say about Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad