Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I’ve never seen anybody shoot like Liane.

...But DAMN....Liane never rushed the net, hipped the d-man out of the way and picked the spot to score.

both of these players are gems. Both teams won/lost this trade.

There are like 4 to 5 goals Laine went from center ice and beat Dmen 1-1 or 1-2 and deke the goalie out and scored.
There are a few more that he didnt need to muscle his way around the dman as he just buried them top corners from the hash marks.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
So far:

Roslovic - 13gp, 4G, 8A, 12pts
Laine - 10gp, 6g, 4a, 10pts

Dubois - 3gp, 2g, 1a, 3pts

Pretty wild, all 3 players look like stars so far.

Updated:

Laine
11 games
8 goals
5 assists
13 points
1.18 points/gm

Roslovic
13 games
4 goals
8 assist
12 points
0.92 points/gm

PL Dubois
8 games
3 goals
1 assist
4 points
O.5 points/gm

Reactions: mattihp

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Updated:

Laine
11 games
8 goals
5 assists
13 points
1.18 points/gm

Roslovic
13 games
4 goals
8 assist
12 points
0.92 points/gm

PL Dubois
8 games
3 goals
1 assist
4 points
O.5 points/gm

Sorry but nothing in your post is updated from what you quoted. The user you quoted posted the stats of the players with their new teams. As of today its still. Unless that is not what you meant

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Sorry but nothing in your post is updated from what you quoted. The user you quoted posted the stats of the players with their new teams. As of today its still. Unless that is not what you meant

Ah ok..

I thought total games this year.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, they are so different you can't even really compare the trade. Saw a couple goals from Laine in Columbus and said "God damn". Not many guys in the league can do what he can do. But there also aren't a lot of guys like PLD in the league either, and when he's in shape, we'll see it even more. People are going to look stupid to compare this on a week to week basis but I think both teams got better with this trade and both teams are going to be happy with what they received. It's not like Jets FO is going to be "Laine scored 40 goals, I can't believe it! Why did we trade him?". We already knew he can score, and we also knew he wanted out of here so it really doesn't matter if he has here for another year or not. Why he wanted out and how it came to that is a whole other issue on its own though! But the Jets knew Laine was gone, but have a chance to keep Dubois. Obviously they talked to his dad and his dad has had nothing but good things to say about Winnipeg, so maybe we'll luck out and get to keep him.
The only thing I'll disagree with is that I don't think both teams GOT better, I think both teams will end up better. Columbus definitely took a step back but not just because of this trade. Losing PLD really hurt the center position and now it's a bunch of really young players trying to learn at the NHL level. I think the Jackets will be fine moving forward but do think this year, as already shown, will be very bumpy and disjointed. Many crapped on Wennberg but reality is he was a defensive gem and pretty big player for their system. Way over paid for what was expected but they miss him and PLD. Ultimately I think they got the best player in the deal (I believe Laine is an elite wing, I don't feel PLD is elite but plays a more critical role) and with what we've seen from Roslovic they will have excellent middle 6 center depth for the long run.

So, I think the CBJ got better in the long run but will have their struggles this year. We're living it right now. Short camp, no games, new players and currently no experienced centers on top 3 lines (Roslovic, Texier, Stenlund)

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
This thread is going to be so much fun to watch as a game by game determination of who won the trade takes place. I'm really looking forward to the day when people accept that was a pretty good hockey trade between three players that wanted out! Both sides have tons of IFs but the reality is both sides got good players.

I'll just leave it as this. So much other useless drivel in this thread it's simply not worth pursuit of correction.

I was really on board with this line of thinking until Laine had 3 points last night...and PLD had 0:sarcasm:

Reactions: Shark Finn

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Ultimately I think they got the best player in the deal (I believe Laine is an elite wing, I don't feel PLD is elite but plays a more critical role) and with what we've seen from Roslovic they will have excellent middle 6 center depth for the long run.

If I'm not mistaken the Jets played PLD at wing that last game when he racked up the 3 points. It will be interesting to see if he's actually a long term C on that team versus a wing -- which is what many "experts" projected him to be coming out of the draft.

If that ends up being the case then this trade will look a lot different from a positional value standpoint.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If I'm not mistaken the Jets played PLD at wing that last game when he racked up the 3 points. It will be interesting to see if he's actually a long term C on that team versus a wing -- which is what many "experts" projected him to be coming out of the draft.

If that ends up being the case then this trade will look a lot different from a positional value standpoint.
It was one game and the Jets have stated that long term he will be a C. Unfortunately our coach refuses to use 3 scoring lines so we would have to play one of Stastny/Dubois/Scheifele about 6 minutes on the 4th line if one of them didn't play wing. Dubois is the most natural fit at wing for now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The only thing I'll disagree with is that I don't think both teams GOT better, I think both teams will end up better. Columbus definitely took a step back but not just because of this trade. Losing PLD really hurt the center position and now it's a bunch of really young players trying to learn at the NHL level. I think the Jackets will be fine moving forward but do think this year, as already shown, will be very bumpy and disjointed. Many crapped on Wennberg but reality is he was a defensive gem and pretty big player for their system. Way over paid for what was expected but they miss him and PLD. Ultimately I think they got the best player in the deal (I believe Laine is an elite wing, I don't feel PLD is elite but plays a more critical role) and with what we've seen from Roslovic they will have excellent middle 6 center depth for the long run.

So, I think the CBJ got better in the long run but will have their struggles this year. We're living it right now. Short camp, no games, new players and currently no experienced centers on top 3 lines (Roslovic, Texier, Stenlund)

Columbus has taken a step back and while the promise of improvement is there, and you can see the pieces capable of it, the timing for the franchise is very bad. The Jackets have to persuade everyone to stick around long term and that is hard to do when they are currently struggling.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It was one game and the Jets have stated that long term he will be a C. Unfortunately our coach refuses to use 3 scoring lines so we would have to play one of Stastny/Dubois/Scheifele about 6 minutes on the 4th line if one of them didn't play wing. Dubois is the most natural fit at wing for now.
Gotta say, having seen the Laine fans who came in all complain about how Laine was constantly misused up there by putting him on RW instead of LW, I would find it rather amusingly ironic if PLD ends up spending the bulk of his time up there as a winger.
be just what that traitorous bastard deserves too

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Gotta say, having seen the Laine fans who came in all complain about how Laine was constantly misused up there by putting him on RW instead of LW, I would find it rather amusingly ironic if PLD ends up spending the bulk of his time up there as a winger.
I see your white writing :laugh:.

There's no way he's long term playing the wing, this franchise has been searching for a top 6 C for years they aren't going to change a 22 year old one to the wing long term just because we have 35 year old Stastny this year.

PS get used to Laine fans complaining, not that they were always wrong. They looooove to complain.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

That’s absurd and clearly you don’t follow the Jets very well to utter that nonsense.

Just to refresh your memory from earlier this month, when Dubois debuted, our lines were:

Copp-Schiefele-Ehlers
Vesalainen-Stastney-Wheeler
Connor-Dubois-Lewis (Appleton elevated here soon after)
Perreault-Lowry-Appleton

How many scoring lines? Three.

Dubois is returning from injury and was placed as a winger for now, but he is viewed as a a centre in the long-term. When the lines are shuffled again, especially when games become more frequent, I would expect the lines to be more balanced like it was earlier this month.

Honestly glad I don’t post on the Jets forum anymore lol.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Of course that's exactly the opposite of what the coach has said will happen.......he was used on wing for the first game back to reduce the wear on his body.....after a injury......that's a smart thing to do. The coach has been very very clear to say PLD will be eased back into 2C game after game as his injury is better and he gets back into game shape. The team is protecting their asset health while getting production out of him......smart move IMO.

Reactions: pictman

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

I think PLD will still be a center .
But who knows with Maurice. It worked last game ,he will probably try it again.

The trade was close because PLD was a center that brought in positional need for the Jets. That is the main point for the Jets for that trade, main point by Chevy.

But if he become a winger? Lets just say.
Laine can hibernate for 2 years. And PLD won't still have as much goals than Laine.

This year Jets need for a center is not as urgent. Jets are now actually short of top line winger. Who would have thought.

Next year Jets probably dont resign Stastny unless Copp or Lowry bolt,and he signes a friendly contract.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think PLD will still be a center .
But who knows with Maurice. It worked last game ,he will probably try it again.

The trade was close because PLD was a center that brought in positional need for the Jets. That is the main point for the Jets for that trade, main point by Chevy.

But if he become a winger? Lets just say.
Laine can hibernate for 2 years. And PLD won't still have as much goals than Laine.

This year Jets need for a center is not as urgent. Jets are now actually short of top line winger. Who would have thought.

Next year Jets probably dont resign Stastny unless Copp or Lowry bolt,and he signes a friendly contract.

As per the bolded, not sure how closely you follow the Jets, PMO has stated the plan multi times publicly including before his game back. Game 1 will be on the wing to reduce the increased wear, tear & mileage that comes playing at centre. He also stated publically moving forward for a few games to ease PLD back into 2c role, him and stats will take turns playing 2C until PLD is fully healed and back in game shape after not playing for such a long time & the compacted schedule.......last thing the Jets want is to aggravate any groin injury. PMO has stated multi times publically and very clearly PLD is the Jets 2c and will be played there once fully in game shape. PMO is being very smart & careful bringing PLD back in the lineup.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
As per the bolded, not sure how closely you follow the Jets, PMO has stated the plan multi times publicly including before his game back. Game 1 will be on the wing to reduce the increased wear, tear & mileage that comes playing at centre. He also stated publically moving forward for a few games to ease PLD back into 2c role, him and stats will take turns playing 2C until PLD is fully healed and back in game shape after not playing for such a long time & the compacted schedule.......last thing the Jets want is to aggravate any groin injury. PMO has stated multi times publically and very clearly PLD is the Jets 2c and will be played there once fully in game shape. PMO is being very smart & careful bringing PLD back in the lineup.

"Not sure how much you follow the Jets. "

We both know maurice is like, he tells one player is on day to day and boom ...

I know what he said. But he says a lot of things that you need to really check between the lines.
That is a clue i follow the Jets a lot :DD

Yeah i follow the Jets. ;)
I named my kids after Jets players, i probably do follow them a lot.

But last week or 2, been pretty busy with re opening of couple business. Hopefully i can settle it down.
So i can rant more when the Jets losses and cheer when they win. :laugh:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
"Not sure how much you follow the Jets. "

We both know maurice is like, he tells one player is on day to day and boom ...

I know what he said. But he says a lot of things that you need to really check betweem the lines.

Yeah i follow the Jets. ;)
I named my kids after Jets players, i probably do follow them a lot.

Players are often day to day on injuries, that isn’t new with any team or player or coach.....that’s normal. Some injuries take more time and some less time then medical staff projected.

You can believe what you like, but there is zero evidence to say PLD will stay a winger.......the team has went well out of their way to make that very very clear. People suggesting otherwise are trying too hard to create a story where there isn’t one.

But like I said believe what you like.

Reactions: Nedarb

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
Jets didn’t trade an all star winger to get a lesser winger.

PLD will be a centre, it just may take a few games.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Honestly, the CBJ defense and goaltending hasn't been great. I think this would look like an absolute home run for the Jackets if the team was playing better.

They certainly aren't playing poorly because of the two players leading the team in points since the trade.

Still think this is 100% robbery by CBJ, and I say that as a big fan of PLD's game. Huge fan actually. Laine is just another level and Roslovic has been producing better than PLD did. Is what it is (at this early point). And they should only get better with more time and experience with their new teams. That is for all parties!

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->