GDT: CBJ vs NJD

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So Wennberg really upped his game and did not have a point? Ok. sure that seems like defensible reasoning ???????????????????????

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Looks like the Metro is starting to heat up. Everyone is winning out of division games it seems. Good win, but I'm a little concerned we're morphing back to last year somewhat by only scoring one or two goals but with a ton of shots and good scoring chances.

Reactions: Facifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Looks like the Metro is starting to heat up. Everyone is winning out of division games it seems. Good win, but I'm a little concerned we're morphing back to last year somewhat by only scoring one or two goals but with a ton of shots and good scoring chances.

Pittsburgh was always going to make it back in. They have way too much talent. As long as we can hold off NYI we should be okay (they lost in regulation).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So Wennberg really upped his game and did not have a point? Ok. sure that seems like defensible reasoning ???????????????????????
Your bias is confirmation bias
Your bias is belief bias

I'd presume that the only basis for your assuming Wennberg Sucks would be his point scoring, but you've blithely dismissed that in the past as well. If you want a goal-scoring #2C, that's different from insisting over and over that Wennberg is terrible.

* * *​
It's coming back to earth. They aren't as good as their first 25 games suggested
Your bias is negativity bias

As has already been pointed out, the defense has improved at the same time.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jackets only scored more then 2 goals once in the home stand. The offense is absolutely terrible right now

It's coming back to earth. They aren't as good as their first 25 games suggested

Yes but is the defense getting sorted out? It's much improved on the homestand. (This is not meant to counter the notion that scoring needs to be better.)

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Hit him in the skate. He missed.

"Missed" what exactly? This isn't bubble hockey.

Maybe Hannikainen could have had his stick in front of him or actually used it to accept the pass, instead of him USING his skate. The pass was a little hard but that's on Hannikainen to understand its gonna come off his skate hard if he wants to use it like that.

Try again.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
"Missed" what exactly? This isn't bubble hockey.

Maybe Hannikainen could have had his stick in front of him or actually used it to accept the pass, instead of him USING his skate. The pass was a little hard but that's on Hannikainen to understand its gonna come off his skate hard if he wants to use it like that.

Try again.

Hannikainen is coming in off the right wing, Murray wisely slows down the play by looking off the center lane drive to go to Hanni, Hanni doesn't change his speed nor his stick position, and Murray knows he's coming. Murray misses, and the resulting bounce off the skate is what causes the turnover to lead the other way. I'm sorry, but it's on Murray to hit that pass. He's wide open and doesn't change skating speed or stick position, he wanted the puck directly on his forehand, not in front of him.

What about that attempted poke check , eh?

I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. Jones'?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad