GDT: CBJ vs. Chicago - The No Clever Header Thread - 2/25 7 PM

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Gonna get to watch this game with my dad IN PERSON for the first time in a year. These mofos better win.

200.webp

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
too bad they lost, I found the lines rather well balanced. But after a while, it looked clear the first scoring team would win

it looks like they won a lot of face-off this game

15 and 16 were bad, I found.

Tex looked much better today, I enjoyed his game a lot.

What amazes me with Roslovic is that his moves are so smooth. His moves are not fast, but well thought, and well timed. Too bad his assists don't reach his moves' level. And ya, not a great timing for a penalty.

Now that they got swept, hopefully they can start doing the same.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They could go 18-3-2, or 23-0, or 0-23. But we both know these aren’t happening.

We know where this is likely going. Is it impossible for them to make a comeback? No. But it would require two other gears that this team doesn’t have. You even knowledge this in another thread when you say you see our centers and we “have a long way to go.”

I think what this “could they will they” things boils down to that this team right now is playing below the sum of its parts (even acknowledging that the parts aren’t great, either).

So yeah they could figure out the math. But there doesn’t seem to be any indication of them doing so, and every outcome is magnified in a short season.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
IMO This team's gotta do it one step at a time, they didn't look a tirefire, in fact there was a lot to like about that game, but this time around the puck luck just wasn't there. 1st period was great, after that not so much, for one thing their zone entries sucked and for the most part it looked like they had no idea what they were doing. Often they would dump the puck in even if there was a play available, but then they wouldn't really put the pressure on. If you just dump in, they gotta commit and go after it like a hungry pack of hounds.

On the positive side, I thought Domi looked better than he has, he might not be a star but he's the kind of talent they need to get going. Probably for the first time I saw him playing the kind of game he needs to play, him and Texier seemed a good fit. Korpisalo had a good game, I think he's good enough to get the job done if the team in front isn't a complete mess, but when they are, his game seems to fall apart.

The roster might not be great and lack a legit #1C but even then I think they are underachieving. They do have some really good pieces, it's just not coming together. It's a difficult season, like Foligno said they just gotta find a way, but I think that would be easier without an ongoing pandemic situation. Since I invoked universal cut-slack, watching hockey and participating on forums has been much more fun, I just don't think in this situation this is a season to be very demanding, but understand that the way of the world is probably weighing down on everyone, some more than others. My suggestion would be to just enjoy any bright moments there are, however sparse.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This team just took 1 point from 4 at home from a supposed bottom feeder, and we may be close to the worst team in the division. Spare me the "we played well but just didn't get the bounces" BS. The goal of playing is to earn points. The standings don't lie.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Well, before this 7 game swing (NSH/NSH, CHI/CHI, NSH/NSH, DET) I think they needed to pick up 10 of the 14 points to stay in the playoff race. They've picked up 3 of 8 points so far.

If we assume 65 points is the cutoff for the playoffs (the 4th place pace is actually 69 points right now), then the team needs to go 20-11-4 or so (provided all 56 get played).

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
No Toews, No Dach, No Strome... top 3 C’s for Chicago out. That’s not surprising.

I think you guys are good enough to come in 4th still. Plenty of season left.
My point was mainly around how we can overvalue winning faceoffs when you still don’t have enough talent to do much with the puck when we do have control. I think there is a correlation there to how much we suck in OT too.

Reactions: wahsnairb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->