Confirmed with Link: [CBJ/TOR] Jerry D'Amigo and conditional 7th Round pick for Matt Frattin

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Many Leafs fans on the Main are welcoming Frattin back as Kadri's running mate on the second line. That's not the kind of role we could ever have seen him in, here!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What a relief.

This is the proverbial "other shoe" many of us have been waiting for since trading away the leading goal scorer of the playoffs. Many of us can now calm down now that we have Jerry D'Amigo (had to copy and paste that) on board the squad(EDIT: AND A GReAT PERSONALITY?!?! Wowee!). Add to that, what a bonus that we have that conditional 7th round pick in our back pocket, next year's draft is going to be must see TV all the way until the end.

You broke my Sarcasm Meter.

sarcasm20meter.jpg

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Lol @ leafs fans penciling Frattin in their top 6. Who cares if he showed chemistry with Kadri for 25 games, dude shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's top 6.

Always liked D'Amigo. Mackenzie's heir apparent it seems.

snizzbone*

Lol @ leafs fans penciling Frattin in their top 6. Who cares if he showed chemistry with Kadri for 25 games, dude shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's top 6.

Always liked D'Amigo. Mackenzie's heir apparent it seems.

It's more due to the fact that our RW depth starts and ends with Kessel. Kessel, Clarkson, Frattin, Orr, are our RWers atm lol.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Don't know his game well enough, but the scouting reports do seem to describe a younger DMac to a tee.

I'm excited we added D'Amigo. Does anyone know where his game is at right now? Toronto had brutal forward depth last year so I'm curious what held him off the team.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm excited we added D'Amigo. Does anyone know where his game is at right now? Toronto had brutal forward depth last year so I'm curious what held him off the team.

They've been really hard on that guy much like they were with Kadri. He has pretty minimal offensive upside but the guy is ready to jump onto our 4th line. Good skater, battles hard and really good defensively. I think it was CBJBrassard who said he sounds like a young DMac and he kind of is but he won't hit as much. The guy is known to step up when games matter too. He's a good young character guy that won't wow us but he'll do work we'll appreciate. He's only 5'11" but hes around 210lbs

Scion

May 25, 2012
I think it's cute that you guys think you know Frattin's game better than Leafs fans. Frattin played four games for Columbus...

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think it's cute that you guys think you know Frattin's game better than Leafs fans. Frattin played four games for Columbus...

Here's something to think about, you are allowed to watch games that don't involve your favorite team... Crazy I know. I probably watched Frattin as much or more in Toronto then you did and I believe there is more potential there but I definitely wouldn't want him in a top 6 role. 3rd line yes to give him a bit of a chance to produce and see if he can step up. Potential or not I wouldn't want a guy who's 26 with a career high of 8 goals entering the season as a top 6 guy. Go troll another board

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I think its cute how you come on our board and say we don't know what we're talking about.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
I think its cute how you come on our board and say we don't know what we're talking about.

To be fair I think it's safe to assume most of the jackets fans really don't know the player. All things considering (which I won't be getting into)

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

He was up... briefly, and if you ask a lot of fans, he should have stayed up. Alas, Carlyle prefers the Colton Orrs of the world.

As an AHL player, D'Amigo's been exceptional for the Marlies. Even if he doesn't make your NHL roster, he can really contribute down in the minors. He's a good leader, can play in all situations, and is very clutch. Steps up big time in the Calder Cup playoffs.

As an NHL player, I think he's ready to make the jump. He certainly doesn't have anything left to learn in the A. His speed and hustle is his best asset. He'll get on defensemen very quickly and force turnovers. Good PKer. Not much of a hitter, not great on his skates. Not sure I see the scoring touch either, though some will disagree. If he comes into camp and plays like he did during his brief stint with the Leafs, you should have a decent fourth liner on your hands.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
all the Kings games I watched, and CBJ as well as random Loafs games...he may have played well in the top 6 in Toronto, but on a contender...he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

He was flat out terrible in Columbus and LA. He is not a good option on the second line. Good luck with your top 5 pick next year if that's the case.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He was flat out terrible in Columbus and LA. He is not a good option on the second line. Good luck with your top 5 pick next year if that's the case.

And thanks for that 2nd rounder, hopefully it's somewhere between 31-36.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->