Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Tarasov to 3-year entry level deal

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I believe this is our top G prospect. If it wasnt for his injury as someone else stated they had him in the top 2/3 of the draft that year and he has proved himself since then. VV is close 2nd.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
"I decided that it was time to sign a contract with Columbus, although I had the opportunity to continue working in Ufa. My goal is the NHL." said Tarasov.
"Together with the Blue Jackets, we were looking for a team where I could play as many games as possible at the highest level. After careful thought, we chose the Ässät. The Finnish league is one of the strongest in Europe. Several first-class Finnish players from here have already moved to North America and are playing in the NHL."

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
"I decided that it was time to sign a contract with Columbus, although I had the opportunity to continue working in Ufa. My goal is the NHL." said Tarasov.
"Together with the Blue Jackets, we were looking for a team where I could play as many games as possible at the highest level. After careful thought, we chose the Ässät. The Finnish league is one of the strongest in Europe. Several first-class Finnish players from here have already moved to North America and are playing in the NHL."

I'm guessing the Finnish team said he'd be with the top team whereas his Russian one didn't rule out a return to VHL?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well its good he goes to Ässät. Ässät is bottom team and next season dont look much better to them. Im more than happy about that :nod:. Tarasov will face manymanymany shots and if he can carry that team to the playoffs its really good season.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Well its good he goes to Ässät. Ässät is bottom team and next season dont look much better to them. Im more than happy about that :nod:. Tarasov will face manymanymany shots and if he can carry that team to the playoffs its really good season.
Looks plenty better from the perspective of an Ässät fan :nod: and Tarasov's signing is a part of that brighter future. Not necessarily a play-off team but close. That being said there is still plenty of work to doand shots to be faced for Daniil.

Btw. he is still going to have to work his way to the starter job. He and Aittokallio are pretty much neck to neck as of right now, Tarasov ofcourse with the greater potential for future.

Fun fact, Ässäts goalie coach is actually my old school friend, with whom I still stop to change a word or to if we happen to see each other on the streets. He has received alot of criticism lately, not being able to produce much since Raanta, so he definately has something to prove with Tarasov.

Reactions: Jaxs and CPTN71

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Not getting political...

I am in NH so the Presidential race always starts earlier here. This feels like the 2016 GOP primary field and now the 2020 Democratic field. Everyone sees an opening and opportunity so everyone is throwing their hat in the ring.

I don't know what you're implying, but if we go into next season with a goalie combo of Hickenlooper and Yang, we're not a playoff team.

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Fun fact, Ässäts goalie coach is actually my old school friend, with whom I still stop to change a word or to if we happen to see each other on the streets. He has received alot of criticism lately, not being able to produce much since Raanta, so he definately has something to prove with Tarasov.

Well, let me take this chance to make it known that we here would absolutely appreciate any insight on Tarasov in the future. Whether that's any type of inside info or just any personal comments from you.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm not even that old but I scrolled and saw his picture in the quoted tweet and thought "who's the twelve year old?".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->