Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Tarasov to 3-year entry level deal

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Between Korpisalo, Elvis, Tarasov, is there a starter among the bunch? Do we sign a UFA? Will be extremely interesting.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Between Korpisalo, Elvis, Tarasov, is there a starter among the bunch? Do we sign a UFA? Will be extremely interesting.
Don't forget this guy who will probably be in Cleveland based on what I've read on the internet about him being willing to come over this summer.

Veini Vehvilainen

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does this mean he's definitely coming over to North America then? I suppose that is great news since we don't have to worry about him staying in Russia long term. But for next year I don't expect anything more than an AHL goalie. He just turned 20!

It seems like this guy is going to be our top goalie, perhaps as soon as 2020-21.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Don't forget this guy who will probably be in Cleveland based on what I've read on the internet about him being willing to come over this summer.

Veini Vehvilainen

I think that would make it

NHL:

Korpi
Merzlikins

AHL:

Vehvilainen
Tarasov

With lots of goalie battles to be had. Tarasov could pass all of them for all I know. It will probably be a down period at the NHL level but it's going to be fun having so many young keepers battling.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think for goalies development, 30 games is a lot better than 20. They develop fine on 30, they don't need to be a starter.

The Jackets can't guarantee anyone a starter's job, but they can guarantee 30 games to all 4 goalies (if they're here) between the NHL and AHL. You can't guarantee that if you're sending Tarasov to the KHL. I don't see why he would be loaned for that purpose because the team has no control over what happens there.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bob is surely leaving us.

Thats what this contract is telling me.
Team was never remotely interested in retaining Bob, and won’t try regardless if we win the cup or not . Just not good cap management to have a huge nucleus of players 19 thru 23 yrs old , and paying a goalie big money . It’s just foolish . Here Carolina is, in the finals with Marazek, and Mac.... Colorado has grubauer .
Jarmo has been crystal clear what his plans were leading up to this . Protecting Korpi in expansion , having Elvis , Vv and Tarasov . Pipeline is absolutely stacked . Some team will foolishly pay Bob 9 mill per season , and good for them ..

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think the team really wanted to retain Bread but never gave retaining Bob at $9 or &10 million a serious thought

Reactions: The Bread Man

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I think the team really wanted to retain Bread but never gave retaining Bob at $9 or &10 million a serious thought

I agree with this. 9-10m to a goalie is bs.

Im glad there are several goalies who all can become a new Bob.

No idea who this Tarasov guy is but Im sure theres a reason why he got signed.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I agree with this. 9-10m to a goalie is bs.

Im glad there are several goalies who all can become a new Bob.

No idea who this Tarasov guy is but Im sure theres a reason why he got signed.
Who can become a two time Vezina winner?

Answer : nobody in our system

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Tarasov is definitely a projected starter. The question is how his development goes from here on.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Not getting political...

I am in NH so the Presidential race always starts earlier here. This feels like the 2016 GOP primary field and now the 2020 Democratic field. Everyone sees an opening and opportunity so everyone is throwing their hat in the ring.

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Who can become a two time Vezina winner?

Answer : nobody in our system
Weird take for sure . Bob was undrafted , yet developed into a Vezina winner . Tarasov is our best prospect at goalie , and most likely was a first round pick , had it not been for his leg injury . If a nhl goalie coach is saying he’s in the mold of Rinne , but much better technically , than Rinne was at the same point in his career , that’s pretty high praise. Jarmo has said Elvis was the best goalie in Europe not playing in the Nhl, Legace said Elvis is a starting goalie in the NHL right now , and then you Have VV that just put up a remarkable season . Just curious how you came up with your hot take ?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Weird take for sure . Bob was undrafted , yet developed into a Vezina winner . Tarasov is our best prospect at goalie , and most likely was a first round pick , had it not been for his leg injury . If a nhl goalie coach is saying he’s in the mold of Rinne , but much better technically , than Rinne was at the same point in his career , that’s pretty high praise. Jarmo has said Elvis was the best goalie in Europe not playing in the Nhl, Legace said Elvis is a starting goalie in the NHL right now , and then you Have VV that just put up a remarkable season . Just curious how you came up with your hot take ?
I believe that was TWO remarkable seasons for VV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->