Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Josh Anderson to ELC.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I like Josh, good for him. Not sure why we mentioned Anderson and Boll in the same sentence.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
like i said...he's boll's eventual replacement...that's why...

Not really much of an answer. I stopped listening to "Because I said so" from my Dad about 30 years ago. So does this mean you think that Josh is going to play 4th line minutes, provide little offense, and fight a lot?

I'm not sure what perspective this is coming from. Bringing up his name suggest a comparison and I just don't see one. From what I've seen, I see no reason that Anderson can't play a solid two-way game with third line minutes with an outside shot of providing some secondary scoring up the lineup. Watching him, it sure looks like he has more offensive upside. The don't strike me as similar players.

Based on aged and timing, assuming he ever makes the NHL, maybe a Letestu or Foligno replacement. Not sure MacKenzie or Comeau last that long with the team.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Not really much of an answer. I stopped listening to "Because I said so" from my Dad about 30 years ago. So does this mean you think that Josh is going to play 4th line minutes, provide little offense, and fight a lot?

I'm not sure what perspective this is coming from. Bringing up his name suggest a comparison and I just don't see one. From what I've seen, I see no reason that Anderson can't play a solid two-way game with third line minutes with an outside shot of providing some secondary scoring up the lineup. Watching him, it sure looks like he has more offensive upside. The don't strike me as similar players.

Based on aged and timing, assuming he ever makes the NHL, maybe a Letestu or Foligno replacement. Not sure MacKenzie or Comeau last that long with the team.

he doesn't really have a scoring touch of a Letestu, perhaps Foligno, but he is far more willing to drop the gloves and plays with more grit...that is why i say that...he is Boll with more skill...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Why? I do not understand.

he's played well for a pretty stacked London team...and performed well here during rookie camp...the timing is odd, but i think he's caught the team's eye during the season...i think he's eligible to be in springy next year....

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
he doesn't really have a scoring touch of a Letestu, perhaps Foligno, but he is far more willing to drop the gloves and plays with more grit...that is why i say that...he is Boll with more skill...

I tend to disagree with this generalization and comparison(s). We'll find out in a few years.

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007
From what I've seen of Josh Anderson, he could top out on the second line as a sort of throwback power forward. He can charge the net with a full head of steam and score, or he can bang in the corners, or he can drop the gloves. He's the type of guy who believes that he can singlehandedly dictate the flow and pace of a game, which isn't something that can be done but is a unique trait to have.

If his offense doesn't translate to the NHL, he'll need to use his on-ice smarts to be a good fourth line type of guy. But I think he can be a good one in that role, if the scoring doesn't come around.

FOG Sports

Jul 8, 2013
Have watched Josh play in London the last 3 seasons. He has grown both as a player and physically during that time

Currently playing PP, PK and a mainstay in shutting down other teams top lines with Bo Horvat. Kid is a great skater and does whatever Dale asks him to do for the benefit of the team. Already has a solid feel for the defensive side of the game in both ends of the ice.

Beyond that he gets the importance of doing the right things off the rink. Here is a link of him during a visit at Children's Hospital in London. Its something he does every other week and is consistent with the Jackets community involvement

http://t.co/u55R6LgKMP

Jackets signed a good player and more importantly a good young man.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Have watched Josh play in London the last 3 seasons. He has grown both as a player and physically during that time

Currently playing PP, PK and a mainstay in shutting down other teams top lines with Bo Horvat. Kid is a great skater and does whatever Dale asks him to do for the benefit of the team. Already has a solid feel for the defensive side of the game in both ends of the ice.

Beyond that he gets the importance of doing the right things off the rink. Here is a link of him during a visit at Children's Hospital in London. Its something he does every other week and is consistent with the Jackets community involvement

http://t.co/u55R6LgKMP

Jackets signed a good player and more importantly a good young man.

Thanks for your thoughts, good to hear!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 39s
Josh Anderson thru 20GP
13-14 8-8-16 +6 44PIM
12-13 5-10-15 +2 25PIM
Been wearing an A on jersey at home games #CBJ

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@coreypronman: On CBJ's Anderson talking to a scout today, "At time of draft I saw a depth guy, but he's improved a ton. Potential 3rd line NHLer now."”

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Was he injured in last years playoffs? With only 3 pts in 18 playoff junior games, that makes Boll look like Teemu Selanne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad