Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Riley Nash signs with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $2.75M AAV)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nice replacement for Calvert...

Now what about Cole, JJ, Vanek? Can't wait till next offseason.
Bjorkstrand gets more stability in the top 6 and JJ/Cole filled 1 role so thats Kukan/Carlsson, likely Kukan as he has actually been really impressive in his time with Columbus and Switzerland. Year after I fully believe we finally get to see Gavrikov put on a CBJ sweater

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Amazing deal, I think he's a good fit with Torts style of play too. I'll probably eat crow but this looks like the best pound for pound deal today.

Reactions: exporta

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo strikes again. Solid deal to help fill out the roster.

FA should be about filling your depth, not your top 6. And Jarmo has helped do that today.

Reactions: CBJFan827

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
This seems like a solid deal.. players with far less skill getting more money.

Not complaining. :D

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That seems like a fair price to pay. Wouldn't expect that type of scoring output regularly though. He's a solid C. If he gets you 10-15 goals/25-35 points, it's good money.

He can't carry a line. Not even a 4th line the way you would want IMO. Saw that last year. Put him between Marchand/Pastrnak or Heinen/Backes and he'll contribute defensively while getting his.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That seems like a fair price to pay. Wouldn't expect that type of scoring output regularly though. He's a solid C. If he gets you 10-15 goals/25-35 points, it's good money.

He can't carry a line. Not even a 4th line the way you would want IMO. Saw that last year. Put him between Marchand/Pastrnak or Heinen/Backes and he'll contribute defensively while getting his.
He'll likely be playing between some combination of Foligno/Jenner/Anderson/Bjorkstrand

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How the **** did Riley Nash get less than Jay ****ing Beagle?!?!? He needs to fire his agent.

Obviously we can surmise that he wanted to play for a winner, and I wouldn't be surprised if he looks at the center group in Columbus and thinks he has a chance to be even better than 3C.

If he was okay playing in Vancouver I'm sure he could have got more $.

Benning can't be that dumb that he'd value Beagle more.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nice signing. Nash is an underrated player. Key 3rd line Center on the Bruins last year. Good cap hit and length of contract.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
How does J Beagle get more term and money than Nash? Nash is better and younger

Because Nash doesn't have the same history of success that Beagle has. You add in his lack of a history of production, zero production in the POs and it's pretty easy to see why Beagle got more then Nash did.
That said I think this is a great signing - probably one of the better ones signed today.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
gah, this signing has been putrid.

Riley Nash’s career with the CBJ so far:

39 games.
1 goal.
3 assists.
4 points.
2 percent shooting percentage.
43% faceoffs.

signed for another two years after this season.

W T F

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Riley Nash was just one of the things what made the Bruins last year an anomaly. 15 goals and 41 points was impressive and he stepped up nicely when people were hurt. But he's not that good.

Unfortunately the Jackets took the bait. Although, 2.75 isn't the end of the world. Actually veteran bottom 6'ers who can play 3rd line if needed are worth 3M in the 80M+ cap era.

Considering the season Nash had last year, the contract could've been much worse.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
[mod] Nash isn't good but the contract isn't the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: uncleben

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
He’s awful at literally everything. Atrocious skater, can’t win a draw, slow decision making, and is a defensive liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad