Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Riley Nash signs with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $2.75M AAV)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Great signing if he can sustain his output. I was hoping he wouldn’t sign with the Bruins because I expected him to be overpaid.
This is the same what Calvert got, and how is he as a C?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This is the same what Calvert got, and how is he as a C?

He was pretty good for us this season. Great bottom 6 guy that I think delivered more than expectations. Unfortunately I’m not terribly familiar with Calvert, otherwise I’d love to give you a comparison on if Nash was better/par/worse.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He was absolutely fantastic for Boston last year until he got concussed and struggled in the playoffs (probably because of said concussion). Extremely reliable and can chip in a bit offensively, but he's fantastic defensively. Clear 2nd best defensive forward on Boston after Bergeron.

I though he had an argument for getting over $4 million for sure, great deal.

Reactions: TD Charlie

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
He was absolutely fantastic for Boston last year until he got concussed and struggled in the playoffs (probably because of said concussion). Extremely reliable and can chip in a bit offensively, but he's fantastic defensively. Clear 2nd best defensive forward on Boston after Bergeron.

You had my curiosity, now you have my full attention.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Damn that defence! Nice.
nashxri89

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he's a really solid player. super vanilla in a good way. strong defensively, pretty decent size, not fastest skater but he gets there.
mitts aren't bad either - underrated skill. good PK guy, can play up and down the lineup, great guy in the room. very fair contract,
bruins will miss him this year when a rookie or backes is centering that 3rd line.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Nice replacement for Calvert...

Now what about Cole, JJ, Vanek? Can't wait till next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad