CBJ recall Dalpe

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I know Dalpe has killed in the AHL but I dont put him in until next series if we make it and if we need him. Wennberg then Robinson has to be the first 2 up.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Dubinsky practicing this morning. Maybe they just called him up to get some work with the big boys before the AHL playoffs start and insurance to make sure Dubinsky is alright? I'm not sure there is anywhere else he would slot into the lineup. I have no real complaints about the rest of the forward lineup.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, I would think Dalpe being called up is just insurance in case Dubi can't go. But if he can't, I wouldn't be surprised if BeerMan gets the call over Wennberg simply because he more fits what Torts would be seeking to accompany Boone and Nash (and I'd agree with Torts).

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland has a 4 days break. if he is ever needed during the playoff run for Columbus every practice day with the main squad is worth it. I don't think he's over the other guys to get into the line-up next game it's just a long term thing. for long playoff run :naughty:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I know Dalpe has killed in the AHL but I dont put him in until next series if we make it and if we need him. Wennberg then Robinson has to be the first 2 up.
Why would you put a player in that has benched , not because of his skill level , but rather his compete level ? I’m baffled by people thinking Wennberg would be next player in

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Likely just giving him a chance to collect an NHL paycheck for a week as a reward for a solid season. Maybe a slight insurance policy if Dubi can’t go
It's not about paycheck, even if he doesn't play in nhl Dalpe got like few weeks(75k) of guarantee nhl nhl salary additionally to his ahl one. So having him in comlubus few days doesn't cost anymore to the team. He also have 900k guarantee the next two year. Which is pretty good for an ahler

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wennberg would be a disaster. He cannot play the type of physical in your face hockey we need to play against the Bolts.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Wennberg would be a disaster. He cannot play the type of physical in your face hockey we need to play against the Bolts.
but Dalpe would also be a disaster if you think he can play the defensive style the team is playing. I would play Hannikinen over both anyway if Dubi is done. if the team win multiple playoff round the injury will add up and all of them might have to play.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Personally I agree that Hannikinan would be the best replacement for Dubie.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why would you put a player in that has benched , not because of his skill level , but rather his compete level ? I’m baffled by people thinking Wennberg would be next player in
Im with you 100% on Wennberg and the overall opinion of him right now. But talent wise Wennberg is the best of the rest. I personally prefer Robinson. But hey Maybe Dalpe can catch chemistry with Nash and whoever elae they have on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad