Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Pyyhtia just had a real nice play up the ice. He skated into the zone, made a little move left to right then dished (a sauce?) to a teammate on a 2 on 1. Goalie barely saved it but man was it a nice sequence.

Getting some PK time now as well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Knazko looks like he's got a pretty serious knee injury. He was having himself a really good game.

Nevermind, our boy is back. He was throwing quite the fit about it but is back on the PP.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've gathered that Knazko can play a pretty solid defensive game when he wants to. He defends really well 1 on 1, including vs Stutzle. Where he gets into trouble is overly-aggressive pinching but there hasn't been too much of that in this tournament.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
I've gathered that Knazko can play a pretty solid defensive game when he wants to. He defends really well 1 on 1, including vs Stutzle. Where he gets into trouble is overly-aggressive pinching but there hasn't been too much of that in this tournament.

After the first game slovakia changed some D pairings and strategies, it's why knazko also isn't getting as involved in pushing up ice as he was before.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've been frustrated watching the Russian team trying to imitate Larionov's old Red Army squad. They just look so clumsy doing it. And I don't think it's good for Chinakhov. He is good at attacking in two ways: 1) fast break on the rush, if the other team gives space he can fly, and 2) being a rabid puckhound forcing turnovers on the forecheck. He'd adapt well to a dump and chase team. Larionov is trying to have them all pass/weave/dangle their way into the zone like the Harlem Globetrotters, and it isn't working. And it is a waste for Chinakhov. Still, he has been a good player, winning his puck battles and being a good backchecker. But not much else to see.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Chinakhov has some wheels. Just earned a penalty shot for team Russia. He got hooked and went into the boards very hard though, got up and I think he is hurt. Put no weight on his knee/leg.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chinakhov got injured on a breakaway.

Went in knees first into the boards

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Still no Chinakhov now in the 2nd period.

Let's hope that they're just being cautious and that he can play tomorrow vs Sweden, or at least in the elimination round.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
Chinakhov was yet again, looking like Russias best scoring threat. They won't go far in elimination games without him.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Chinakhov has some wheels. Just earned a penalty shot for team Russia. He got hooked and went into the boards very hard though, got up and I think he is hurt. Put no weight on his knee/leg.

Eh, hard to tell how much torque on that leg (looks more knee than ankle) and it happens quickly, but, u never want to go into the boards skates/feet 1st like that.

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How do we pronounce our prospects' names?

Miller and Ferraro obviously are working off of a detailed pronunciation guide and this is what I'm hearing them say:

sHi-NAKH-ov The second to last syllable is stressed, as is usual in Russian. (Edit: per Maylo the first syllable is Chee not anything difficult.)
POO-tee-UH That's somehow the way you pronounce Pyyhtia!
Ken-Yaz-Ko That's Knazko.

I'm sure if we see them in the NHL it will be simplified or butchered to something else, just curious how they sound in the original.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The first syllable is "Chi" like in "chee-se".

I will correct it, thanks. I'm not sure what Miller and Ferraro have been told, then. "Ch" is a lot easier for English speakers than whatever it is they are trying to do.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I will correct it, thanks. I'm not sure what Miller and Ferraro have been told, then. "Ch" is a lot easier for English speakers than whatever it is they are trying to do.
Here he pronounces his name correctly, just the stress is wrong "chee-na-KHOV" :)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Chinakhov is back, not near 100%. Still one of the fastest players on the ice, had a dangerous shot early on. But you can tell he can't pivot quickly.

And holy crap there is a pretty big talent discrepancy this year between Canada and Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad