Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Like that second goal following the puck to the net

I like that in both goals there is a defender trying to hold on to him and he just blows by. Dmitri too stronk.

(you can't see it in the first clip but just before the goal he blows by a defender trying to clutch on to him).

Reactions: cslebn

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm copying in Kevin Wong's video and write-ups on Marchenko and Chinakhov so Jackets fans can see them here. Thanks Kevin!

Hey folks.

Here's a look at one of Kirill's recent performances: November 10, 2020 vs Jokerit.

I profiled his style of play in one of my recent pieces for Dobber.

Prospect Ramblings: Kirill Marchenko, Eeli Tolvanen, Nail Yakupov

Hey everyone.

Here's Yegor Chinakov's performance against Amur on November 15, 2020.

And a breakdown of his style of play in my latest Ramblings piece for Dobber.

Prospect Ramblings: Yegor Chinakhov, Rodion Amirov, Klim Kostin

His take is a bit different than some other reports - positive but not necessarily a take that Jackets fans will want to hear. In this viewing, both of these players seem like Blue Jackets. They will keep the team good and hard to play against but aren't too likely to elevate the team to a different offensive level.

From my perspective I agree with this view, at least regarding offensive transition and rush play. The Jackets can't threaten on the rush and Chinakhov and Marchenko are unlikely to change that. They are also both better as shooters and shooting talent isn't really what is holding back the Jackets, IMO. But a strong PP would make the Jackets a contender and both of these players have potential as all-around PP talents.

Reactions: Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Chinakhov was one of the most noticeable Russian offensive players, his Omsk connection line was probably the most dangerous of all Russian forward lines.

He had 3 glorious chances, hit the post once and couldn’t beat the goalie twice. I was disappointed by the fact he couldn’t score but excited to see he looked better than Amirov or Podkolzin

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
Chinakhov was one of the most noticeable Russian offensive players, his Omsk connection line was probably the most dangerous of all Russian forward lines.

He had 3 glorious chances, hit the post once and couldn’t beat the goalie twice. I was disappointed by the fact he couldn’t score but excited to see he looked better than Amirov or Podkolzin

Yeah for him to look dangerous against that defense is impressive.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was seriously super duper impressed by that game from Chinakhov. This was a big step up from his Karjala Cup performance, perhaps playing the best teams brings out the best in him? Let's hope.

I think he had most of Russia's scoring chances? The team wasn't sharp and yet he seemed to do something every shift.

The takeaways are really strong from him. Anticipation, quickness, and length. Here's a steal with about 20 seconds left that could have been huge:

Reactions: thebus88

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
Knazko played probably the worst game I think I've ever seen him play. I dont know if it was pressure from being captain, but he just made uncharacteristically bad plays.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chinakhov with a very subpar game through 2. Not bad, but you wouldn’t think he was a first round pick either. Reminds me a bit of Abramov and this isn’t a compliment

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Chinakhov with a very subpar game through 2. Not bad, but you wouldn’t think he was a first round pick either. Reminds me a bit of Abramov and this isn’t a compliment
I don’t think he’s been so bad. But I don’t take too much from this tournament anyway.

He just made a really nice two way play, went down on a breakaway and missed.

He has had 4-5 good chances the last two games, and has hit 1 post. I’m thinking he puts one away soon. Also I wish he would get more PP time but he’s on the second unit because Podkolzin is 1RW.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Chinakhov gets rewarded after making another good two way play. Empty net winner seals the game for the Russians. I think he got an assist on the 1st or second goal as well.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m glad he scored that one, should give him a confidence boost after those breakaway misses.

Also, a very dangerous slash by Turcotte which launched Chinakhov into the boards, but he looked fine.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chinakhov had a good third. Was a pest on the forecheck and had a breakaway opportunity because of his speed. Didn’t finish but he got better as the game went on. Got the ENG because of his speed too.

Id say he was a B- performance on the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad