Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Chinakhov with brilliant finish on a breakaway against Finland. Im not sure should i be happy or sad

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Chinakhov makes it 5-1 for Russia. Congrats on first national team goal !

He's one of the quickest players on the ice, he earned that breakaway.

I'm learning about Chinakhov

- not a great puck control guy
- good motor, plays aggressively
- holy, can this kid finish

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
As far as I understand this Finnish team has no KHL players, their average age is 25

Finnish team has zero KHL players. Players only from Liiga and 12 debutants. But still this is embrassing :oops:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
He's one of the quickest players on the ice, he earned that breakaway.

I'm learning about Chinakhov

- not a great puck control guy
- good motor, plays aggressively
- holy, can this kid finish

khl track player speed and he's often the fastest player during his games. with 35 other mostly adult player it's pretty nice how fast he is. and he can still grow stronger and faster.

he had 4 shot on goal, wasn't on the ice for any other goal and didn't take any penalty.

Also finland complained that the russian team wasn't an adult team. not sure why they can't even take them on if they expected a full khl lineup

still feel a cska or ska game is much more challenging than this.

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Also if anyone cared for Pyyhtia games. the u20 joint camp is canceled because Sweden team have covid :\

still hope he can make the team even if he can't play any games.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Please compare apples to apples. Everyone talks about how great Bemmer's shot is but I have never watched highlights that make me go "wow". But every time I see C's goals I get juiced...his shot just pops! Looking for someone who knows more hockey than me to make a comparison.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Please compare apples to apples. Everyone talks about how great Bemmer's shot is but I have never watched highlights that make me go "wow". But every time I see C's goals I get juiced...his shot just pops! Looking for someone who knows more hockey than me to make a comparison.
I think there is a lot of unknowns if he can realistically score from those positions against NHL quality goalies. Obviously the KHL is a very good league and what he's doing is impressive but it's just hard to believe he can beat NHL quality goalies on set goalies from outside the circle. Or maybe he's that good. I'd like to see him get even closer to the net, would probably make it easier on him :laugh:. Torts is also going to like that style of game more.

But honestly at 19 and tearing it up for his age in the KHL, he can do whatever he wants as long as he keeps improving.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I think there is a lot of unknowns if he can realistically score from those positions against NHL quality goalies. Obviously the KHL is a very good league and what he's doing is impressive but it's just hard to believe he can beat NHL quality goalies on set goalies from outside the circle. Or maybe he's that good. I'd like to see him get even closer to the net, would probably make it easier on him :laugh:. Torts is also going to like that style of game more.

But honestly at 19 and tearing it up for his age in the KHL, he can do whatever he wants as long as he keeps improving.
No disrespect but this really doesn't answer my question.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

You want shot comparisons? Overall player comparisons? Not sure what you are asking for.

Chinakhov reminds me a lot of Oliver Bjorkstrand. I think he can play that type of game. He's light on his feet, high effort, flies around the ice. Shoots a lot better than he passes.

Chinakhov has a good variety of shots. He can wrist it off of either foot and he's also got a wicked one-timer. His stick is very whippy. I can't pick one player to compare his shot to because it depends which shot. Bjorkstrand doesn't use a super whippy stick, he has a lot more forearm power. One guy that has a similarly whippy shot to Chinakhov is Elias Pettersson. He also has a lot of different ways to get a shot off and tends to get his whole body into the follow through. So stylistically I'd say his shot is like Pettersson, but my expectations aren't quite that high.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You want shot comparisons? Overall player comparisons? Not sure what you are asking for.

Chinakhov reminds me a lot of Oliver Bjorkstrand. I think he can play that type of game. He's light on his feet, high effort, flies around the ice. Shoots a lot better than he passes.

Chinakhov has a good variety of shots. He can wrist it off of either foot and he's also got a wicked one-timer. His stick is very whippy. I can't pick one player to compare his shot to because it depends which shot. Bjorkstrand doesn't use a super whippy stick, he has a lot more forearm power. One guy that has a similarly whippy shot to Chinakhov is Elias Pettersson. He also has a lot of different ways to get a shot off and tends to get his whole body into the follow through. So stylistically I'd say his shot is like Pettersson, but my expectations aren't quite that high.
Thank you. How do you think it compares to Bemmer.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
How each of those players will compare in an NHL is really unknown. I'd second majormajor and say Chinakhov is potentially more dangerous since his slapshot and wrister are both seemingly very good. Who knows how they fair in the NHL though.

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
Those are the kinds of things that might not always show up on the stat sheet but speak to the character of a player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voronkov doing his Boone Jenner impression

It seems like he's doing that every game.

There's always something with Voronkov even if he's not on the scoresheet - a big screen, a big hit, a takeaway.

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
Former CBJ prospect Dillon Heatherington picked up a primary assist in the first period of Barys Nur-Sultan's game against Avangard Omsk this morning. Didn't realize he landed in Kazakhstan.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
What does the KHL actually list Voronkov at? I know Elite and db list him at 190ish which I dont believe but went to a page I think is a KHL site where he is listed at 213lbs

Reactions: majormajor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad