Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Chinakhov rookie of the month for the 2nd time

I watched a couple games of him and I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed, I dont think he had any points in those games. I guess it goes to show you small sample sizes are never a good thing. Cool to see him get praise as the KHL is actually a very tough league and for him to be doing the things that he's doing is a very good thing for this franchise, even if he stays over there for another year or so. I recommend watching the KHL for anyone desperate for some hockey, been very entertaining and we've got three great prospects on three different teams to choose from.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I watched a couple games of him and I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed, I dont think he had any points in those games. I guess it goes to show you small sample sizes are never a good thing. Cool to see him get praise as the KHL is actually a very tough league and for him to be doing the things that he's doing is a very good thing for this franchise, even if he stays over there for another year or so. I recommend watching the KHL for anyone desperate for some hockey, been very entertaining and we've got three great prospects on three different teams to choose from.

Where have you watched it?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Like I said previously, KHL is a low scoring league with very few players scoring at PPG levels, to have Chinakov’s production at his age is impressive

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Like I said previously, KHL is a low scoring league with very few players scoring at PPG levels, to have Chinakov’s production at his age is impressive

It's also an old league, there are rarely high scoring young players. I was trying to figure out who is the youngest player that has more than Chinakhov's 13 points, and I can't find good information. Is there anyone younger than Tolchinsky or Zernov, Chinakhov's mid-20s teammates? There must be.

Edit: Found this.

Zernov and Kuzmenko each have 15 pts and are 24 years old. Korshkov has 14 pts and is also 24. No one under the age of 24 has more than Chinakhov's 13 pts, which is mind-boggling.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone know what happened to Kole Sherwood? He was assigned to join Kunlun Red Star about a month ago but still hasn't appeared in a game. I'm not sure what country he is even in right now.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It's also an old league, there are rarely high scoring young players. I was trying to figure out who is the youngest player that has more than Chinakhov's 13 points, and I can't find good information. Is there anyone younger than Tolchinsky or Zernov, Chinakhov's mid-20s teammates? There must be.

Zernov and Kuzmenko each have 15 pts and are 24 years old. Korshkov has 14 pts and is also 24. No one under the age of 24 has more than Chinakhov's 13 pts, which is mind-boggling.
I just use eliteprospects and change the age, works well as I was curious of the exact same thing last week

Reactions: majormajor

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
What's going on in the KHL?

According to the website there are two games today, none Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and then two games Saturday and then no games Sunday or Monday. No Russian prospects to follow for a whole week!

DTs are coming on.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What's going on in the KHL?

According to the website there are two games today, none Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and then two games Saturday and then no games Sunday or Monday. No Russian prospects to follow for a whole week!

DTs are coming on.

Might be break for the Karjala Cup? Chinakhov will be playing in it this weekend. The Russians are sending their U20 team against the Swedish, Finnish, and Czech men's teams, so they might get smoked.

pled

Sep 7, 2009

Mukhamadullin is 7/24 fellow first rounder but a 18yu D he is pretty impressive
Marchenko is at 10/14 at one year older

if he chinakhov improve by the end of the season only marchenko will be in competition

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Does anyone know what happened to Kole Sherwood? He was assigned to join Kunlun Red Star about a month ago but still hasn't appeared in a game. I'm not sure what country he is even in right now.
I don't believe he will play in the khl. he is in the us waiting for cleveland camp

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Pyythia in the sweden-finland u20 joint camp today 2pm eastern time

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russian juniors leading 2-0 so far, Amirov (Tor 1st round pick) looks the best on the ice, Chinakhov looked mediocre on PP. Still only first period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad