Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I’d be close to this for the top 20. Laine up 1 spot. Ceulemans and Foudy up 2 spots each. We could argue all day over 21-25, but why would we do that?

I thought that was the point of the prospect pool

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’d be close to this for the top 20. Laine up 1 spot. Ceulemans and Foudy up 2 spots each. We could argue all day over 21-25, but why would we do that?

I'd actually like to discuss the players after rank 20. I rarely spare them a thought, so it is interesting to see how folks see them.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Werenski
Sillinger
Laine
Johnson
Roslovic

Boqvist
Texier
Marchenko
Voronkov
Chinakhov

Bean
Peeke
Foudy
Bemstrom
Svozil

Ceulemans
Tarasov
Dunne
Angle
Knazko

Holm
Fix-Wolansky
Berni
Makarov
Pyyhtia
You don`t really know Europeans.
----------------------------
Moving on to water treatments! ♂️
Kirill Marchenko and Yaroslav Dyblenko got to swim in the second semi-final of the Novogorsk Games, and it's definitely the most phenomenal swim you've ever seen (and we've also got SEAL masks).
Dive in the video with Kirill and Yaroslav!

As a former swimmer, I'm having fun... . :) Of course, I know that's most people swim similar way... .

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
On my wife’s iPad so if spelling sucks my bad. I hate this thing and refuse to fix anything trivial. Thankfully I know how to type.

I’m very intrigued by our later round picks. I loved the Svozil pick and also think Makarov and Rysavy may turn into steels. I’ve watched a little and they have some intriguing abilities that will be interesting to see develop. Looks like both have a shot at their world junior teams. Many feel getting 3 NHL players from a draft is a really good draft. I could see 6 or 7 this year based on potential. Granted every team says that. I guess we’ll see. Not all will play for us but that still doesn’t mean it wwon’t be a great draft.

As to the earlier discussion about so many top 9 players… my philosophy is let them decide who is the best and best fit and the others are options to move. If we have “too many” than we use the 4 quarters for a dollar in a trade for another high end asset. At this point we need to increase our skill level and overall ability so I hope we have that problem.

And Voronkov… I don’t see CBJ moving this kid unless it’s for a serious upgrade. At 20 he’s showing he can play big boy hockey with men in the 2nd best league in the world. I just wish he didn’t have 2 years left. I also would love to see an article that shows he’s committed to coming to the NHL. I believe Marchenko’s agent indicated he would come to NA after this year and is committed. Future definitely looking better with this additional group from the draft and development from the Russian players and even Knazko (don’t sleep on this kid)

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Wow Kent Johnson is a playmaker and his saucer passes are dirty.

Sillinger can rip it.
Really enjoyed watching that set up for the game winner. I can't tell from the video who is that on the 7-7 goal passing to Stankoven but I'm quite certain it isn't Johnson since he plays with white blade tape. Johnson might be the third guy going in the middle.

Would have been cool to see the other two goals from Sillinger.

Reactions: CBJx614

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I repeat my belief that Sillinger will make the Big Club out of training camp. And not just for 9 games.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wheelers assessment of the Jackets trio post showcase:

RHD Corson Ceulemans: Ceulemans really looked to push the tempo, which was nice to see. He was really active in transition leading rushes, though he didn’t always make a play after entry (which is a pretty common outcome for him because he’s not particularly creative). He was also his usual, physical self. More or less what you’d expect out of him on the whole.

C Kent Johnson: Johnson played centre, so I was happy to see him in a different role than the one he played for the vast majority of his freshman year at Michigan. I thought he was really impressive even though it didn’t show up on the scoresheet a ton in the first two games (but he created five goals in the finale). He drew a couple of penalties dancing opposing players laterally. Under pressure, he made soft little plays through the triangles of sticks and into space for himself to skate onto that drew some wows from the crowd of scouts. He often looked like the craftiest, most confident handler on the ice. He was one of the best players on the ice in his second and third games.

C/LW Cole Sillinger: Sillinger disappointed me a little in the first two games. There were some moments where his skill shone through or he was engaged physically, but I didn’t think he was much of a factor and he’s still got some work to do to fix his forward skating mechanics. But he was outstandingin the closer, scoring four (!) beautiful goals (including one from a one-timer in the high slot, another off a wrister in the low slot that cleanly beat Brett Brochu and one that he just exploded into the net).

Yes, Johnson is a blue chipper. And no, we should not be expecting Sillinger to make this team out of camp. Let the kid develop.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Something else of note is Wheeler has Johnson making Team Canada as their second line C (behind Byfield) with Ceulemans as a last cut.

Sillinger was not even listed in his last cuts which is surprising to me but certainly that can change.

Reactions: CBJx614

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Wheelers assessment of the Jackets trio post showcase:

Yes, Johnson is a blue chipper. And no, we should not be expecting Sillinger to make this team out of camp. Let the kid develop.
Yup.. the skill to be the best player in this past draft .. that play on the wall was vintage Johnson . He’s so slippery with the puck he’s going to draw double teams to try to stop penetration..

Reactions: Toe Pick

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Yup.. the skill to be the best player in this past draft .. that play on the wall was vintage Johnson . He’s so slippery with the puck he’s going to draw double teams to try to stop penetration..
Loved seeing that play on the boards when Panarin was still here... opens so much room in the offensive zone.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Add another good draft next season to the players drafted this season, the Russians on the way over the next few seasons and the young players developing on the team right now and you have the blocks in place to start to create a very interesting puzzle. Excited to see the skill level rising on the team. Excited to watch the growth over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->