Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Only one of those three assists was primary, was a good one though:

Yep that's the high end skill this franchise so badly needs at the forward position. Him and Marchenko along with Bemstrom will be welcome additions once they all establish themselves. Personally I really just want the whole team feeding slapshots to Bemstrom, it's too good of a shot, he just needs confidence. If he can do it other pro leagues, and seemingly the best PPs in the league all have a trigger man doing this very thing, Bemstrom should be given a legit chance.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Do you guys think Columbus will try to sign Chinakhov to a contract once his KHL season is over? Maybe he gets to play in some NHL games at the end of the NHL season that way?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Do you guys think Columbus will try to sign Chinakhov to a contract once his KHL season is over? Maybe he gets to play in some NHL games at the end of the NHL season that way?
If he continues to put up numbers the way he is right now I can’t see us wanting him to lock into another two or three years in Russia. I don’t think he’d want to either.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
This kid reminds me so much of Panarin it's not even funny.

I’m surprised by that comparison. He doesn’t have Panarins playmaking skills. Chinakhov is more of a goal scorer. I would compare him more to Bemstrom in terms of style...although Chinakhov has more pace and is more creative.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Chinakhov reminds me of Chinakhov. Come on people, we’ve all seen highlights from a handful of goals. Really hard to compare him at this point.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

And per someone on twitter we can all watch it free on twitch here: https://m.twitch.tv/ftfnext

Yep that's the high end skill this franchise so badly needs at the forward position. Him and Marchenko along with Bemstrom will be welcome additions once they all establish themselves. Personally I really just want the whole team feeding slapshots to Bemstrom, it's too good of a shot, he just needs confidence. If he can do it other pro leagues, and seemingly the best PPs in the league all have a trigger man doing this very thing, Bemstrom should be given a legit chance.

I don't see the high end playmaking skill yet. That play, btw, is a backhand saucer that doesn't make it back to the ice, the scorer knocks it down and finishes it, which is a crazy hard play to finish. I'm hopeful for more from Chinakhov but what we see so far with him and Marchenko, Bemstrom, etc... is high end finishing ability and not so much in the playmaking department.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I don't see the high end playmaking skill yet. That play, btw, is a backhand saucer that doesn't make it back to the ice, the scorer knocks it down and finishes it, which is a crazy hard play to finish. I'm hopeful for more from Chinakhov but what we see so far with him and Marchenko, Bemstrom, etc... is high end finishing ability and not so much in the playmaking department.

Yea I don't either, was referring to their goal scoring potential

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tarasov got smoked and pulled today. 3 GAs on 6 Shots in just under 12 minutes of action. Yikes!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Marchenko with 1+2. He's now 5+4 after 13 games. Not bad considering he was 0+0 after 6 games. I think, he's pretty close to being NHL ready.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I wonder how far down the prospect rankings this will drag him. Only half-joking :)
Honestly I think last season Tarasov struggled more than we fans would have hoped or expected. I was really hoping he would knock this year's opportunity out of the park and take a huge leap forward. Not saying he won't but this kind of start doesn't help because it could mean he is going to have to wait a longer time to see more action.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
KHL track player speed and Chinakov was the fastest player this game if that matter to anyone.

Also Marchenko did play pretty well. their team is way too stack he still should have never be sent down.

Marchenko 1g(en) 2a(1p 1s) +2 2pim(slashing) 4sog 2hits 4bls 14:30toi

Chinakov 0g 0a -2 0pim 3sog 1hit 0bls 13:50toi

also wanna add that the -2 of Chinakov was on the last 2 goal in the last 5 min of the game.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
khl track player speed and chinakov was the fastest player this game. if that matter to anyone. also Marchenko did play pretty well. their team is way too stack he still should have never be sent down.
Thanks pled, I think it does matter because IIRC speed was the one thing Pronman specifically dinged Chinakhov for in his analysis of his game and prospects as a player.

Reactions: GoJackets1

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
khl track player speed and chinakov was the fastest player this game. if that matter to anyone. also Marchenko did play pretty well. their team is way too stack he still should have never be sent down.
Sent down this year? Wasnt that basically a conditioning stint after testing positive for covid?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Sent down this year? Wasnt that basically a conditioning stint after testing positive for covid?
yes but it was still useless. player don't usually get conditioning stint just for sickness. not like he broke his hands or something

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
yes but it was still useless. player don't usually get conditioning stint just for sickness. not like he broke his hands or something
Maybe im wrong but was there a gap in games for his team? Maybe they just thought it was worthwhile to get some time on the ice after quaratine. Either way he got to dominate for a couple games so im sure that never hurts the confidence

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks pled, I think it does matter because IIRC speed was the one thing Pronman specifically dinged Chinakhov for in his analysis of his game and prospects as a player.

I don't know why Pronman bothers evaluating skills with that number system of his, the information just looks useless.

Reactions: GoJackets1

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Maybe im wrong but was there a gap in games for his team? Maybe they just thought it was worthwhile to get some time on the ice after quaratine. Either way he got to dominate for a couple games so im sure that never hurts the confidence
that's true he destroyed mhl but the feeling of being sent down is never super nice but he probably expect it I guess considering ska players. he missed 1 game during his stint still.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't know why Pronman bothers evaluating skills with that number system of his, the information just looks useless.
I mean he still is very fast 19 years old in a game of 2 of the top khl team. no defending Pronman but Chinakov his pretty fast for real.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Marchenko with 1+2. He's now 5+4 after 13 games. Not bad considering he was 0+0 after 6 games. I think, he's pretty close to being NHL ready.

Super cool he signed that KHL extension and we won't see him until possibly 2022 at the earliest!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad