Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
FWIW @CambieKev scouted both of them, and from his report and game video it sure looks like both guys are solid all-around. So they can win an NHL job, the question really is more whether they will be difference makers yet, or whether another year in the KHL might be better for their development as scorers. I'm inclined to wait another year for Chinakhov, hopefully he can get just a one year KHL deal or a deal with an out-clause.
Avangard will not give it to another club and in general they are trying to extend it for 3 years. I don't know if it will work. Here you need to consider an important thing, his agent. Shumi Babayev, whom he is a player, may want to take him to the NHL.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Did something happen to Ufa's starter Metsola? Tarasov has gotten three starts in a row and the last two he has stopped 47 of 49 shots. Not complaining, glad he is getting the games but just surprising he all of a sudden becomes the starter for back to back to back.

Last edited:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
i'm just asking myself what Daniil Tarasov's standing is in Columbus. He's a tall goalie rocking the KHL ...
He was expected to come to the AHL this year but the pandemic and season mess changed the plan. I expect him to be here next year and likely CBJ to move one of Korpi or Elvis. Within the organization Tarasov was thought to have a very high ceiling and considered the most likely goalie of the future. Elvis changed that a little with his play in Switzerland but I think the thought is that Tarasov is still a #1 goalie in the NHL

Reactions: I3LI3 and Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He was expected to come to the AHL this year but the pandemic and season mess changed the plan. I expect him to be here next year and likely CBJ to move one of Korpi or Elvis. Within the organization Tarasov was thought to have a very high ceiling and considered the most likely goalie of the future. Elvis changed that a little with his play in Switzerland but I think the thought is that Tarasov is still a #1 goalie in the NHL

I think Tarasov is still in the mystery box category. #1 Goalie? Sure, could be. Nothing? That too.

FWIW my memory is that Merzlikins was already turning heads before 2017 when Tarasov was drafted. Tarasov has still never done anything like what Merzlikins did for years in the Swiss league, he'd have to keep up this kind of play for a full year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
oh. hi guys.

Tarasov played really great, he had some excelent saves he played confidently. His game against Avangard was super. It`s a pity that it is quite unstable, one match plays like Vasilevsky, the second below the level of ECHL. Unfortunately, the first number in PO will be Metsola, so the chance to play only if Juha is either injured (I hope not) or will play not even bad, but terrible.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Is anybody in the know on Daniel Zaar? Is he still exclusively CBJ property and/or good enough for an NHL spot now? Or is he just a Joakim Lindstrom?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tarasov should be fresh. He barely played this season. Now hoping UFA loses so Tarasov can get here sooner.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
2nd tweet translates roughly to "What not to do when Voronkov is around"

Voronkov played really good he could score still one goal in PKG, wonn fights, excelent forchecking, agression, speed. It`s a pity his contract is to 2022/23.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
2nd tweet translates roughly to "What not to do when Voronkov is around"

Metsola's numbers were not good in that game and was yanked in favor of Tarasov who stopped all nine shots he faced in thirty minutes of play. I expect Ufa to go back to Metsola in game two but if they don't I will be torn now wanting Tarasov to play really well (which could extend his time is Russia).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad