Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Once again the Jackets are (one of) the youngest team in the league. Looking forward to the continuous success this has led to in the past.

The issue hasn't been the pipeline, at least not yet. You have to retain those players into their prime years. There have been some things that have happened that you might have missed, Espen.

They would be a damn good team right now if they had a top line of Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand. Can you imagine if they had those players and still had Josh Anderson?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I saw Voronkov in "The Green Derby" /Зелённое дерби" . These are the matches of Salavat Yulaev Ufa and Ak Bars Kazan in KHL. By the way, if the matches can possibly compete with the best matches of NHL, intensity, hard play, speed, hard forchecking... He played well, power struggle, generally won most of the power struggle, including games before a goalie. If he continues to grow, he will be an ideal power forward, by the way, he can also play in the center.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I see more scoring ability from Voronkov, I mean Jenner did score 30 but it was a fluke. I see more of a Wayne Simmonds type player in terms of style. Net front presence should help the PP too.

Boone Jenner is on a 26 goal pace right now (per 82 games), and that's without playing with a strong playmaking center like he had in Johansen.

I don't think Jenner is that good either, perhaps my point is that there are a lot of middle-six wingers out there who could score 30 in the right situation.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Boone Jenner is on a 26 goal pace right now (per 82 games), and that's without playing with a strong playmaking center like he had in Johansen.

I don't think Jenner is that good either, perhaps my point is that there are a lot of middle-six wingers out there who could score 30 in the right situation.
Yep. The coach needs to find that position for them to be their best.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Marchenko is the real deal, I really hope he comes over sooner rather than later and stays for a long time in Columbus. I just see a grittier Kucherov when he plays.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Marchenko is the real deal, I really hope he comes over sooner rather than later and stays for a long time in Columbus. I just see a grittier Kucherov when he plays.

:huh:

I see a pretty good all around player, but there isn't anything that reminds me of Kucherov, not even stylistically. A bit better version of Buchnevich seems more likely.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
:huh:

I see a pretty good all around player, but there isn't anything that reminds me of Kucherov, not even stylistically. A bit better version of Buchnevich seems more likely.
For me, he has elite hands and finishing ability in this case his wrist shot. He doesn't have Kucherov's one timer but certainly can skate above average and has that offensive flair to try very skilled stick handles and dekes which often pan out. We'll see if that translates to the NHL. Also I said grittier as most of his goals are coming from inside the face off dots which is similar to where Kucherov scores/creates most of his chances. I would say he does not have his passing ability but hands and especially his ability to finish, absolutely.

Note: I'm not saying he's going to become the next Kucherov, he just reminds me of him.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Today I watched the Avangard-Salavat Yualev game. It was an important match for both teams, as the two top teams are fighting for second place in the East. Both Tarasov (SAL) and Chinakhov (AVA) looked very good. Tarasov (97,1%) made some great saves, especially in most of them, it's a pity he missed them, but it's not a fact that even Vasilevsky would have saved them. Chinakhov is a Russian Bjorkstrand. Great speed, agility, skill, shot, hockey vision. I like his take aways today. He would have to add to play without the puck and strength.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Today I watched the Avangard-Salavat Yualev game. It was an important match for both teams, as the two top teams are fighting for second place in the East. Both Tarasov (SAL) and Chinakhov (AVA) looked very good. Tarasov (97,1%) made some great saves, especially in most of them, it's a pity he missed them, but it's not a fact that even Vasilevsky would have saved them. Chinakhov is a Russian Bjorkstrand. Great speed, agility, skill, shot, hockey vision. I like his take aways today. He would have to add to play without the puck and strength.

100%. I can't unsee it.

I try to use my knowledge of hundreds of players around the league to give comparables that aren't just restricted to Blue Jackets players. But with Chinakhov he is a dead-ringer for Bjorkstrand.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus is likely the one team in hockey with righties overwhelmingly dominate lefties on offense
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Laine
Roslovic

That’s basically our best forwards, all righties.

We also have Stenlund, Bemstrom and Nash, right handed as well

Marchenko is also a righty, Chinakhov is leftie.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenko is NHL ready, or at the very least - Columbus offense NHL ready
There is one thing here, the difference between the teams, plus the fact that Vityaz (this game was with it) is already out of PO. Therefore, it is necessary to judge whether you are ready or not after the second or third round of PO.
On the contrary, Chinakhov can also start from the first because the game is tougher in the East, everyone can win from everyone there, in addition, he is ready to earn his place in the roster.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is one thing here, the difference between the teams, plus the fact that Vityaz (this game was with it) is already out of PO. Therefore, it is necessary to judge whether you are ready or not after the second or third round of PO.
On the contrary, Chinakhov can also start from the first because the game is tougher in the East, everyone can win from everyone there, in addition, he is ready to earn his place in the roster.

FWIW @CambieKev scouted both of them, and from his report and game video it sure looks like both guys are solid all-around. So they can win an NHL job, the question really is more whether they will be difference makers yet, or whether another year in the KHL might be better for their development as scorers. I'm inclined to wait another year for Chinakhov, hopefully he can get just a one year KHL deal or a deal with an out-clause.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
FWIW @CambieKev scouted both of them, and from his report and game video it sure looks like both guys are solid all-around. So they can win an NHL job, the question really is more whether they will be difference makers yet, or whether another year in the KHL might be better for their development as scorers. I'm inclined to wait another year for Chinakhov, hopefully he can get just a one year KHL deal or a deal with an out-clause.
Let’s see how Marchenko does in play offs, but he’s already gotten a top 6 job in arguably the best KHL team and a spot in the national team for Euro Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->