Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH

I wonder how they are thinking about doing the draft orders. Separate orders based on the standings from each season for each draft? Same order using a composite record for the two seasons? One based on record and one based on a lottery so the Penguins or the Oilers can win the first overall pick and draft a generational player? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Moch Daear

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I wonder how they are thinking about doing the draft orders. Separate orders based on the standings from each season for each draft? Same order using a composite record for the two seasons? One based on record and one based on a lottery so the Penguins or the Oilers can win the first overall pick and draft a generational player? :sarcasm:
I think the only logical answer would be 2021 draft based on records/standings from 2021 season and 2022 draft based on the 2021-2022 records/standings. Of course they will still do lotteries.

Reactions: Moch Daear and Monk

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle would get the shaft as I think they're allowed in the 21 draft
How are they getting the shaft? If they are supposed to be part of the 2021 draft they would still be a part of the 2021 draft, it will just happen in 2022. If anything it HELPS all the teams because they get one more year assessing and projecting the prospects at an older age. Maybe players form the 2nd and 3rd round move up because of that. In theory, the first round should be one of the more successful draft classes drafting 19 years olds vs 18 year olds.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
How are they getting the shaft? If they are supposed to be part of the 2021 draft they would still be a part of the 2021 draft, it will just happen in 2022. If anything it HELPS all the teams because they get one more year assessing and projecting the prospects at an older age. Maybe players form the 2nd and 3rd round move up because of that. In theory, the first round should be one of the more successful draft classes drafting 19 years olds vs 18 year olds.
In theory it should help teams project talent and make a better selection seeing another year of growth. Are they going to combine the drafts (2021 + 2022) or are we going to be drafting 19 year olds for the foreseeable future? Or are we just going to have drafts take place in the same year?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why the heck don't they ever do 1 year deals in Russia? Is it against the rules?

A 1 year extension for Chinakhov with Omsk is good for the Jackets. He needs another year.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He might as well take it. Short of a roster blow up he’s not going to make it here in the NHL for 2 years anyway. The additional year of waiting sucks but whatever.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I heard he might be a back for the 2-3 last games of the KHL regular season
I guess my question was "what and when did it happen"? Was it the injury from the Worlds? I thought he came back from the injury and still played.

Dec 25, 2020
Hill Country
So who would you say are the top 10 CBJ prospects? Started following the blue jackets after Laine trade , and trying to figure out how the future looks. I know Jarmo traded away lot of draft picks , hopefully he's holding on to them from now on.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So who would you say are the top 10 CBJ prospects? Started following the blue jackets after Laine trade , and trying to figure out how the future looks. I know Jarmo traded away lot of draft picks , hopefully he's holding on to them from now on.

Prospect Info: - Final CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings

The board does a poll every offseason. Obviously, there are things we get wrong and not every individual poster would give the same top 10/20. But it's not unreasonable, either.

Reactions: Hazard78

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

The future is more in the abundance of youth already on the roster than in the pure prospects.

Just in the last year the team added from the prospect pool half a dozen guys: Texier, Gavrikov, Merzlikins, Stenlund, Bemstrom, Robinson. The team average age is near the lowest in the league.

Reactions: I3LI3 and Hazard78

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The future is more in the abundance of youth already on the roster than in the pure prospects.

Just in the last year the team added from the prospect pool half a dozen guys: Texier, Gavrikov, Merzlikins, Stenlund, Bemstrom, Robinson. The team average age is near the lowest in the league.

Once again the Jackets are (one of) the youngest team in the league. Looking forward to the continuous success this has led to in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad