Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You really don’t understand that what I meant by “next harrington” I meant a guy who went from healthy scratch fodder to bottom pair defenseman?
I still laugh when I see the article that was written by The Hockey Writers talking about how the Leafs "stole" Rachel from us for just Harrington.

I am not suggesting Harry is a star defenseman and there are times when I just facepalm and shake my head but he's more than just a reasonable 5/6 d-man. Seems to me he is playing on our #1 PK unit...one of the top five PKs in the league.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just take these "at best" prospect predictions with a grain of salt. A year ago we would have said that Harrington "at best" would be something less than he currently is.

I can't shake the feeling that Kukan has been somewhat miscast here.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
count me in as a believer of Kukan's abilities. I have been a fan of his since his debut. you can see the potential when he's on the ice. very fluid skater and makes smart plays. while I do think his play this year (in limited time) hasn't been as well as he has in seasons past, I like the kid.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I just take these "at best" prospect predictions with a grain of salt. A year ago we would have said that Harrington "at best" would be something less than he currently is.

I can't shake the feeling that Kukan has been somewhat miscast here.

A year ago I (and most others) would have told you Harrington is a bottom pairing penalty killer at best.

Guess what, he’s a bottom pairing, penalty killer.

Kukan is, at best, a bottom pairing guy, who can’t play PP or PK. Cody Goloubef part 2

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A year ago I (and most others) would have told you Harrington is a bottom pairing penalty killer at best.

Guess what, he’s a bottom pairing, penalty killer.

I think "bottom pair" elides some important differences. In my estimation, Harrington has looked like an able #4/#5 for most of the year. A year ago he was a #7 or #8 that most of us hated seeing in the lineup, the "at best" prediction for him would seem to have been a #6D.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think "bottom pair" elides some important differences. In my estimation, Harrington has looked like an able #4/#5 for most of the year. A year ago he was a #7 or #8 that most of us hated seeing in the lineup, the "at best" prediction for him would seem to have been a #6D.

Or #5 D.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Harry is no where near a #4 or #5 dman.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Harry is no where near a #4 or #5 dman.

Lately I don't see him as a #4/#5. He was very good for the middle chunk of the season, better than you would have thought possible based on our opinion of him a year ago. Back then he was supposed to be one of the worst defenseman in the league who's mere presence was proof of the FO's incompetence. I still remember when he was first put on the penalty kill against the Penguins and he got caught in no-man's land in front of Phil Kessel.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Frankly I am not very enthused to see either Tex or Benstrom exposed to Tort's style of coaching. To me there is a very high likelihood that they would be Bjorked. The only two young forwards who benefited from Torts' system are PLD and Anderson both of whom are big, 6'3' 220 pound plus guys. I think of Torts looking at Tex and thinking that with his size he is a joke of a hockey player. Whether you call it Bjorked or Milanoed, the idea of Torts being given undersized skilled guys does not suggest a successful combination to me.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
St Louis had 10 career goals when Torts was hired.

So Torts used to coach offense? :laugh:. He probably had something to do with MSL but he continued to thrive after Torts. Lots of things go into a guy developing into a star but if you never get the chance (or at least a reasonable chance) it is difficult. Milano, meh, but I definitely think Bjorkstrand is not getting the opportunity he deserves. If Torts is still here when the little ones (including TF-W) arrive, hopefully he doesn't screw them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->