Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
With how much I've liked and like Swedish JD, I cant say I am NOT a bit more intrigued by Bemstrom's goal scoring ability.

Interested in seeing him play for Sweden in the WJC.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I have very high hopes for Tarasov this tourny. Out of all our G prospects he is the one I see being our break out performer.

Anyone have the total nunber of WJC participants we have?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have very high hopes for Tarasov this tourny. Out of all our G prospects he is the one I see being our break out performer.

Anyone have the total nunber of WJC participants we have?

Bemstrom, Tarasov, Marchenko, Foudy IIRC

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I stand corrected: Liam Foudy was cut from team Canada today
Really? I have a feeling this is a PLD situation all over again. They probably wanted him on wing when he should be centering and didnt do well so he got cut. We will see end of this year when I think we get him on the monsters or a playoff chance that he is a C and not a winger.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Really? I have a feeling this is a PLD situation all over again. They probably wanted him on wing when he should be centering and didnt do well so he got cut. We will see end of this year when I think we get him on the monsters or a playoff chance that he is a C and not a winger.

Haven't watched him play at all this year, but judging by his stats he's just been OK in the OHL. Probably wasn't ready for a scoring role. Why he didn't make it in a checking role, I have no idea, but this is disappointing to say the least. Maybe next year.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He has been streaky If I remember right started hot then cooled off then heated back up again when he was named ad an invite. The scouts and development guys still seem incredibly high on him.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He has been streaky If I remember right started hot then cooled off then heated back up again when he was named ad an invite. The scouts and development guys still seem incredibly high on him.
From what I remember he was regarded as a boom or bust prospect. An athlete that needed to figure out hockey. He is young and we have seen with players like PLD that WJC are not a for sure sign of a player’s potential. However, not making the team combined with his stats this year is quite disappointing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
From what I remember he was regarded as a boom or bust prospect. An athlete that needed to figure out hockey. He is young and we have seen with players like PLD that WJC are not a for sure sign of a player’s potential. However, not making the team combined with his stats this year is quite disappointing.
The way Canada selects its teams I dont hold this against him at all. If this was the US id be with you. Im still incredibly high on the kid. Much higher on him then I am a Bemstrom or TFW.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Or joining us in the playoffs. Id rather him then Heinikan.
Why? I don’t mean to attack you but I feel as though you view our prospects and players in a biased way. What has Foudy done to make you claim that he will be more impactful than Beer man?

Also I don’t think 37 is that good but I still think he is most likely better than Foudy atm.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Mikey, i'm sorry but what are you smoking? :)
Not really to play but to sit and watch. Haha trust me no delusions on hin being a star this year. There has only been 1 player I have fought for from draft day until now saying the player could make the team immediately and thats my boy Gavrikov =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad