Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yay, only 2 of his clients left. Please don't touch Marchenko, plese don't touch Marchenko.

First it was Overhardt, last year it was Anderson's agent, now its Panarin's? I don't get it. These guys are literally just doing their jobs.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
First it was Overhardt, last year it was Anderson's agent, now its Panarin's? I don't get it. These guys are literally just doing their jobs.
This is the prospect thread so i probably will get a warning from DSL, anyway.

I know there is no point to argue with you about RyJo, but don't pretend Overhardt doesn't have a reputation. Turris, Johansen, Nino, Trouba, Dubinsky. All of them were threaten to holdout or did that. Most famous was Trouba, who's causing troubles again this year ...

Same with Ferris. Milstein is not about negotiations, it's about his non stop talking. We have 2 of his clients, both of them are/were involved in media circus. Don't tell me he handled Gavrikov situation like a professional. Hiding the fact about signed contract is no no. JK was just too nice to him.

Kurt Overhardt is always a headache to deal with and often has spats with teams or tries to force trades with his clients e.g. Kyle Turris, Ryan Johansen, Riley Nash, Tobias Rieder, Jacob Trouba, & Ryan Kesler.
His agent is Kurt Overhardt who is known for hold outs.
Garth Snow makes no secret of the fact that the reason Nino Neiderreiter is no longer an Islander is that Overhardt was filling Neiderreiters head with outrageous demands while Neiderreiter was still under contract for 2 years..

This is from different team boards.

Darren Ferris happened just last year you don't have to be reminded of AA, Andy, Reider, Bennet .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yes but. I think some agents are satisfying their egos rather than acting in the best interest of their clients. Some are a real pain to deal with, others are reasonable.

If the client had an issue with their tactics, they would no longer employ them to be their agent. See Max Pacioretty at the draft.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Solid article on our prospects . Very detailed analysis.

Good to know that we have no D prospects that have "top 4" potential, because Gavrikov (and Carlsson) are the "stay at home" type defenseman, and, "in todays NHL", "those are almost exclusively reserved for 3rd pairing roles".

Equating Gavrikov and Carlsson is WORSE than doing the same with Bjorkstand and Milano.

Reactions: mikeyp24

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Texier is in Columbus again, it's a second time this year, 1st time he was here prior to the draft, i wonder if he's coming for medical checkups.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
But serious note I honestly want Tex to come and stay in the US this year and play in the AHL or for us. He has progressed every year and he has shown in each league he plays he is a high caliber there immediately. I want him to uave a chance to get used to smaller ice which will be very important for him because he is smaller and relies on speed. At least I always say he is smaller but im honestly not sure but he does rely on speed and getting away from guys so we know he can play with men in the best euro league so lets get him against the 2nd best league here and teach hin how to work his magic on smaller ice.

Does anyone know where Fouty is playing this year BTW I completely forgot if he is a college guy or CHL. As im writing this I think I remember is he a london knights guy? I remember he was in jr and was on one of the better development teams up there and after people were moved out the 2nd half he turned into a star even though we had him rated there before that apparently. He wont be able to play in the AHL though this year will he because age?

I just wish all our kids were in the AHL or college. They are the 2 best development leagues to play in to get ready for the NHL. They have the older more physically developed players on small Ice with the bigger crowds generally so its the perfect dress rehersal. The UFA after 4 years is garbage and needs to be fixed but other then that.

Hopefully we can get Peake tonsign this year I REALLLLLY dont want to lose him. I wanted him or Fox that year and Fox went later but thankfully we went Peake because Fox is going full 4 at Harvard and then can go wherever he wants. Hopefully Peake decides he can finish his final semester in a few years and signs to play here or the AHL. Next year we would have Nuti and the top pair signed with term and Savard is xq2k1k 1 n q 1q11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad