Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Boy... reading thru this thread that I created 3 years ago about our prospects is... interesting lol.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/columbus-blue-jackets-prospects.1854131/

Regular Everyday NHLers: Forsberg, Korpisalo, Karlsson, Dano, Sedlak, Anderson, Bjorkstrand

NHL-AHL bouncers: Chaput, Rychel, Milano, Reilly, Heatherington, Tynan, Dansk

AHLers: Collins, Siebenaler, Moutrey,

Busts: Pelletier, Bird, Ambroz, Madaisky, Larkin, Weber, LeBlanc, Zaar, Quenneville, Soberg

TBD: Merzlikins

Not too bad for such a highly thought of class. No stars (other than Karlsson, who wasn't our draft pick) but lots of quality. Howson's late years and Jarmo's early years were decent. Lack of production out of 2nd round picks continue to haunt the franchise.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Please hurry so we can have something else to argue about other than Panarin or advanced stats.

But which prospect or combination of prospects is most viable to replace Panarin's production? Advanced stats will tell us.

Reactions: thebus88

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Take a week to argue about the timing of the prospect polls.
They should be NOW. I will not budge on this. Every minute spent not arguing about guys we've seen, at most, three games of is a minute spent on more productive pursuits, which, frankly, is unacceptable to me. Also we shouldn't stop at 20 this year. I want to debate the merits of Trey Fix-Wolansky vs. Doyle Somerby. I demand to do this, and to have a concrete result, in the form of a poll, that shows whether or not I won the argument. It is a suppression of my free speech rights to withhold from me the prospect polls.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
They should be NOW. I will not budge on this. Every minute spent not arguing about guys we've seen, at most, three games of is a minute spent on more productive pursuits, which, frankly, is unacceptable to me. Also we shouldn't stop at 20 this year. I want to debate the merits of Trey Fix-Wolansky vs. Doyle Somerby. I demand to do this, and to have a concrete result, in the form of a poll, that shows whether or not I won the argument. It is a suppression of my free speech rights to withhold from me the prospect polls.
Free Speech rights don't apply to private fora; this is not a government-run website. So you can just suck it up and freak out over the Panarin situation like everyone else.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Free Speech rights don't apply to private fora; this is not a government-run website. So you can just suck it up and freak out over the Panarin situation like everyone else.
I refuse to so much as look at the Panarin thread. I cannot be compelled to do this. The logo in the top left has gold fringe on it which means this is an admiralty forum and therefore I am not beholden to any so-called "moderators." I am a sovereign poster and not constrained by any Terms of Service. I demand to be given my prospect polls!

(I'm joking, if it wasn't clear. The prospect polls are fun and all but I don't care when they start, since I'm not the one who does the work involved. I'm not joking about the Panarin thread though. That thread was probably what Nietzsche was talking about with the whole "stare into the abyss" thing.)

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Should we have a separate list with who we think is most likely to be "ruined" by Torts?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
UNSUSTAINABLE!!

:D
Any string of good posts is a mirage and not representative. Endless arguments about whether Ryan Murray is good? That's the real HF CBJ. We're doomed to eternal misery and nothing good can ever happen. We should trade half our posters to the Montreal board for someone who knows for sure what the difference between a #1C and a #2C is.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Any string of good posts is a mirage and not representative. Endless arguments about whether Ryan Murray is good? That's the real HF CBJ. We're doomed to eternal misery and nothing good can ever happen. We should trade half our posters to the Montreal board for someone who knows for sure what the difference between a #1C and a #2C is.
You think they know any better? Pft.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Careful who you select to be traded. I'd probably Jeff Carter 'em.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

This brings up an interesting debate... Which posters are we trading away? Damn, I knew I should have asked for a No Trade Clause.

Reactions: thebus88

StamkosFan

Jul 8, 2018
Hey, I'm new around here, was hoping you guys wouldn't mind giving me some of your thoughts on Jonathan Davidsson? Scrambling to find some sleepers in the last few days before my fantasy draft, I really appreciate the help

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Wasn’t sure where to post this but.... he gone. The Kulbakov experience has ended.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hey, I'm new around here, was hoping you guys wouldn't mind giving me some of your thoughts on Jonathan Davidsson? Scrambling to find some sleepers in the last few days before my fantasy draft, I really appreciate the help

He'd be a deep sleeper, at least for this year. If it's a keeper league, he'd be a good pick. Very skilled, but will probably take a year.

Reactions: StamkosFan

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Definitely a riser since his draft. I can't remember if it was the hockey news re-draft, but some major re-draft put him around 36th in his draft class.

Davidsson's got great hands. Good skating, but smallish and not a bit physical. Jarmo has dropped his name among prospects that could push for a job in camp. But as the team is taking shape that seems very unlikely for this fall. Next year though I might give him even odds. He's not far at all in terms of skills - and seems on a bit better trajectory than Daniel Zaar (a very similar recent Jackets prospect who didn't quite make the team).

Reactions: StamkosFan

StamkosFan

Jul 8, 2018
Thank you very much to both of you; it's a deep keeper league so I'm definitely intrigued by that feedback, sounds like you could have a very interesting player by 2019-20!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad