Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Oh, that's a nice tracker. Shows when they must be signed and what status they go to if not. If I'm reading that right, Meyer has until August 15th to sign his ELC, otherwise he goes UFA. And Sedlak we have rights to until either 7/1 or his 27th birthday? Unclear if that's the reasoning or how long we have his rights.

It looks like any prospect who plays over un Europe we hold their NHL rights indefinitely? Which is why you use the clock on guys in the CHL or in the NCAA? I think I'm reading all that right? Which would explain Quenneville and Mozyakin on the list.
Agreed. I was worried we had lost the rights to Mozyakin and that he could sign with anybody. Whew...dodged a bullet there. El Portero did a nice article on him earlier this year, I wonder if he knows we still own his rights.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
What's his contract status with his KHL team?

I was wondering the same thing so I posted this question on the prospects board and this was the response.

He is signed through next season. That means 30th April 2021 is the cut off date. If his positive performance continues the team will be eager to get him under another contract. Size helps him a lot in terms of making an early impact. He has at 19 a fully adequate frame of a modern day hockey player. If his development goes linear or exponential in the right direction he might even be ready to go to NA after next season. Whether it's a good thing for his skill set is a different discussion. I always plead for the guys to finish their development in Russia to become a well rounded player before they go through the major change that is the change of continents, countries and leagues. But it is really up to his next season performance. For now he has the playoffs ahead to show he can perform on the next level. He never was at that stage too, so I would not put pressure on him yet. If he does not score goals in bunches in the playoffs it's no reason for despair.

FWIW I think he is pretty much a Tortorella type of player. If they indeed meet in the CBJ locker room he should be one of those plyers blessed by the draft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Prospect Report: Russian prospects turning in excellent seasons

I'm behind on the rules but I'm curious what's the earliest we could see these guys in Columbus? Do they have to finish out their contracts over there first? Also how long do we have their rights? Thanks for any answers!

Typically yes, they have to finish out their contracts before coming over. That's why it took so long for Elvis and Gavrikov to come over. It is possible we buy out their contracts from their teams, but unlikely.

I believe Voronkov and Marchenko just signed 2 year deals over there. So at minimum it will be another two years.

I believe since we picked them as European prospects we hold their rights for as long as we want. Just like we technically still have the rights to Markus Soberg and Sergei Mozyakin.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I believe Voronkov and Marchenko just signed 2 year deals over there. So at minimum it will be another two years.
Voronkov has 1 year left, after this season. Marchenko 2 years(but he has to acknowledge CBJ exists yet), and Tarasov is coming to AHL next season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wouldn't be shocked if tarasov signed 1 more year until we sort out our goalie situation

Tarasov has already signed ELC. Currently on loan to KHL club. Might be loaned again or could come to AHL.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Typically yes, they have to finish out their contracts before coming over. That's why it took so long for Elvis and Gavrikov to come over. It is possible we buy out their contracts from their teams, but unlikely.

I believe since we picked them as European prospects we hold their rights for as long as we want. Just like we technically still have the rights to Markus Soberg and Sergei Mozyakin.

It depends on which league they were drafted out of, age at time of entry draft year, and whether the NHL has a transfer agreement with the league.

For example- NHL has a transfer agreement with SHL/Liiga- Thus, you don't hold their rights indefinitely. Typically, you hold their rights for 4 years after the entry draft if they were 18 or 19. I.E- We hold the rights to Eric Hjorth until 2023. We hold the rights to Marcus Karlberg until 2022. I could be mistaken, but I think Markus Soberg's rights expired as he was drafted out of the SHL and never received a ELC.

NHL has no transfer agreement with NLA, NLB, and KHL. Thus, you hold the rights of players drafted out of the league indefinitely. I.E.- Elvis Merzlikins, Tim Berni, Sergei Moyzakin, Vladislav Gavrikov, Kirill Marchenko, Dmitry Voronkov.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I dont understand why Trey Fix-Wolansky is not getting some NHL time. Hes avg point per game last 24 games. In my opinion Trey Fix-Wolansky and foudy both have the best chance to crack our roster next year. We saw what foudy brings with a small sample size. I was impressed but its time to let Trey Fix-Wolansky show his stuff. Thurkauf and Lilja both dont look like nhl players to me. Let tfw get a shot

Reactions: Martin Sloan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad